MetaEditor Not Found on Mac

Hello all,

I've downloaded MT5 on my Mac, and for a few months I was able to run it properly and use MetaEditor.

Though recently, it wouldn't open anymore.

I've tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it, tried erasing my computer, all to no avail.

I get the error message "MetaEditor not found".

If anyone knows about this issue on MT5 and mac please let me know. I am not connected to a broker or anything, and I downloaded straight from MetaQuotes. I am only writing some code and doing backtests.

Thank you.

I do not have Mac computer (means - I can not help much) - but I found the following information:

Impossible to download automatic equity manager for Mac and Linux
Impossible to download automatic equity manager for Mac and Linux
  • www.mql5.com
Hi all, It seems it's not possible to download an application for Mac, is that correct...

I have the same error. Any solutions?

Same here. Not even the strategy tester agent works any longer on my four M1 Macs. Problem started this week, as apparently build 3337 was released.

Jan Birger Heldt #: as apparently build 3337 was released.

As apparently, a beta build was release.

It is working when upgrade from old version to build 3337 but not working when delete the old version and install the build 3337. Is it possible to download the old version of .dmg?

MAC M1. i have a problem with opening MetaEditor.

Calvin Chau:

Hello all,

I've downloaded MT5 on my Mac, and for a few months I was able to run it properly and use MetaEditor.

Though recently, it wouldn't open anymore.

I've tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it, tried erasing my computer, all to no avail.

I get the error message "MetaEditor not found".

If anyone knows about this issue on MT5 and mac please let me know. I am not connected to a broker or anything, and I downloaded straight from MetaQuotes. I am only writing some code and doing backtests.

Thank you.

Hey Hi,

I have the exact same issue.

I tried to delete the existing profiles and some EA's thinking any wrongfully written codes with errors might be stoping it.

But none of it works, I'm only getting error in my journal as meta editor not found, this must be a widespread issues across all Macs with the recent iOS update I believe. 

Please help us fix the issue

Thanks 

I have the same problem on my M1 Mac.

I totally delete application and all system files, reinstall newest version of MT5 3360 but nothing changes.

When I try to start a test in Strategy Tester I have comment: "cannot connect to editor". I even  restore my mac to factory settings but it didn't help.

Please help us fix the issue.

Thanks 

Update: unfortunately this is still a problem for the newer Macs. The "official" Mac version that you can download here does run the Terminal, but the metaeditor is not opening.

I have the feeling this is just a small problem in the CrossOver-build/compilation because when I download the latest CrossOver-trial version 22.1.1 and install from mt5setup.exe myself, the metaeditor just works!! So that shows that CrossOver can run the metaeditor without problems and the problem must be in the packaging of the official Mac version.

Perhaps it is as simple as fixing a (relative) path/directory? I also noticed that in the pre-built version it is named "metaeditor64.exe" (in lowercase), and when I install myself it is called "MetaEditor64.exe" (in camelcase). Perhaps that is the problem?

@MetaQuotes: can you please have a look at your CrossOver-build and see if you can fix the metaeditor for Mac? Thank you! Feel free to contact me to help troubleshooting or beta-testing.

Installation on Mac OS - For Advanced Users - Getting Started - MetaTrader 5 Help
  • www.metatrader5.com
The trading platform can be installed and used on computers that run Mac OS using Wine. Wine is a free and open source software application that...

yoriz #:

Update: unfortunately this is still a problem for the newer Macs. The "official" Mac version that you can download here does run the Terminal, but the metaeditor is not opening.

I have the feeling this is just a small problem in the CrossOver-build/compilation because when I download the latest CrossOver-trial version 22.1.1 and install from mt5setup.exe myself, the metaeditor just works!! So that shows that CrossOver can run the metaeditor without problems and the problem must be in the packaging of the official Mac version.

Perhaps it is as simple as fixing a (relative) path/directory? I also noticed that in the pre-built version it is named "metatester64.exe" (in lowercase), and when I install myself it is called "MetaEditor64.exe" (in camelcase). Perhaps that is the problem?

@MetaQuotes: can you please have a look at your CrossOver-build and see if you can fix the metaeditor for Mac? Thank you! Feel free to contact me to help troubleshooting or beta-testing.

metatester64.exe is the Strategy Tester agent application, not related to MetaEditor.

I am using the Crossover build and don't have an issue with MetaEditor.