The impact of the spread on trading results - page 9

The impact of the spread on trading results

Let's get to the bottom of this situation...

When does the spread affect the trading results and when you can ignore it...

Spread is a FUTURE PAYMENT for trading...

If the strategy is a pips or scalping, then of course, the spread has a strong effect on trading results...

If the strategy is medium-term or conservative, then the spread has NO INFLUENCE on trading results...

Given that the Trader can NEVER influence the spread adjustment, then the choice of strategy is the choice ... And it all depends on the preferences of the trader ...

And here it all depends on trader's preferences, his choice and understanding of what his choice will lead ...

Roman #:

One quite famous person, who has his own brokerage house, and knows all the insider information, said
that LP (liquidity providers) themselves in 95% of cases simply re-address orders when there is an arbitrage situation.
You think LP don't track arbitrage, between real LPs?
They are the first to know about it )) And they don't give it up without using it themselves.
Everything else is a game with the kitchens. And in the best case scenario, zeroing out profits and closing your account like a toxic client who squeezes out ))
It was all about speedy time arbitrage.

What you are describing, a delay of a few candles, then I will disappoint you.
I also found a broker who had a lag of 10-30 seconds and I was able to place orders manually.
But it was a demo account )) I was so disappointed when I opened a real account. I have not detected this delay.
Maybe you have the same case )). The demo is not the real account.

Sorry, I don't trade on demo accounts since 2007, only a real account, only hardcore :-)

Well, you can monitor the spread at the time of opening and if it is higher than the allowable spread then skip the signal or wait for the spread to decrease.

Volodymyr Zubov #:
Well, you can monitor the spread at the time of opening and if it is higher than the allowable spread, then skip the signal or wait for the spread to decrease.
So it is so. But even if you open a trade with 0 spread, and then it suddenly widened. We give the spread at the moment of closing, and we do not know how it will behave in the future.