Trading with Python - page 5

I suggest that you simply run the make_trade function in the main function, and describe all the logic of making a trade in it.

I suggest that you simply run the make_trade function in the main function, and describe all the logic of making trades in it. There are some logical constructs and calculations in it that have nothing to do with the trading logic I'm implementing here, so of course this won't be "optimal problem solving" but rather just a demonstration of how to start trading in general using Python, and people willing to mess around will of course make all sorts of changes themselves, even if they take some of my functions or data structures as basis.

You should not be making a big deal out of it, instead of just using a language that is easy to enter and is specifically designed for trading.

If that's the case, you should go straight to the stock exchange instead of MT.

JRandomTrader #:

You should not be making a big deal out of it, instead of just using a language that is easy to enter and is specifically designed for trading.

If that's the case, you should go straight to the stock exchange instead of MT.

I am connecting "directly to the exchange". You see, MQL has problems with it, but with Python you're welcome. Classes, such as bars, or deals, or custom-made for yourself convenient data structures in the form of dictionaries with bars, and so on - you won't need to redo, everything is preserved. That's what we're talking about: the difference between a real, general-purpose language and a non-general-purpose one.

Mikhael1983 #:
I'm connecting "straight to the exchange". You see, MQL will have problems with it, but with Python you are welcome. The classes, such as bars or deals, or specially invented convenient data structures in the form of dictionaries with bars, etc. - you don't need to redo them, everything is preserved. That's what we're talking about: the difference between a real, general-purpose language and a non-general-purpose one.

Then what does MT have to do with it? You have to start with https://www.moex.com/s329

Московская Биржа - Шлюзовое подключение
  • www.moex.com
Шлюзовое подключение.

JRandomTrader #:

Then what does MT have to do with it? You have to start with https://www.moex.com/s329

I was referring to a cryptocurrency exchange, but that's not the point. The point is that MQL has nothing to do with it.

However, this thread is about forex trading with Metatrader 5, and management of this trading by Python program, and in its elementary form, without any databases, client-servers and other stuff.

Mikhael1983 #:
Naturally. However, there is a large layer of people who are unfamiliar with mql5, and who do not see the point in studying an obsolete tool that is applicable only in an extremely narrow area of work with a particular terminal of a particular company.

If you say a hundred times in the mkl5 forum that mkl5 is obsolete and narrowly applicable, you can get something ...))

But seriously, I don't understand, if you don't like the mkl language so much, why have you come here, using a terminal and a library, written in python specifically for mt5, trade in python anywhere, who's stopping you).

I really don't understand, maybe you can explain...

Aleksey Mavrin #:

If you say a hundred times in the mkl5 forum that mkl5 is obsolete and narrowly applicable, you can get something ...))

But seriously, I don't understand, if you don't like the mkl language so much, why have you come here, using a terminal and a library, written in python specifically for mt5, trade in python anywhere, who's stopping you).

I really don't understand, maybe you can explain...

I don't understand this phrase either:

Mikhael1983 #:
 Естественно. Однако, есть большая прослойка людей, незнакомых с mql5, и не видящих смысла изучать устаревающий инструмент, применимый только в чрезвычайно узкой области работы с конкретным терминалом конкретной компании. 

Based on what is written, it turns out that there is a large layer of Python knowledge :) You open an editor and know Python, it's that simple, and open mql and you don't know a thing.

At the same time, to call mql, whichis completely platform-oriented, an "obsolete" tool ... python was created in 1991 and this is much earlier

What I saw in this thread, written in python, is very easy to implement in mql

---

No, well, as if for general development the subject is interesting, but no more.

I'll support the topic starter, I've many times took up mql as 4 so and 5, and I'll say that personally I have little desire to learn a language that's useful to me only here in trade, besides python can be learned literally in a month (if not include multiprocessing, astnchronous, etc, etc.) And free to start writing their functions and other stuff, while mql so quickly and easily learn ffs... and what about neural networks ? i doubt that you can write a complex neural network using mql to retrieve data from any source ... in general, having learnt python this language can be useful in any other area, even websites, games or programs and other stuff, moving away from trading your brain will not be filled with unnecessary graphs

Алексей КоКоКо #:
You can use it in any other job, you can write websites, games or programs and all that crap so your brain won't get clogged up with unnecessary YP after you learn python.

I suspect that the only cutlery in your house is spoons, you can make your own soup, you can chew your own porridge, and it's safe enough to handle

)))

If you like it, use Python, but not as the topicstarter - don't create your own custom data types - bars and so on, don't write your own calculation ... but use already existing solutions, otherwise there's no point in using this language, you may as well write your own neural network packages ;)

My friend, who is absolutely unaffiliated with programming, even though he is a technician, did not have any difficulties with the initial mastering of MQL4 using video lessons on the Internet.

Besides, MQL4/5 is not an unnecessary language, but it opens the way to C, C++, C#, Java, etc. :)

A person who has some idea of C-like languages will certainly like MQL5.