A topic for traders. - page 148

Evgeniy Chumakov #:

Probably the most important question is how to bring the two curves together correctly.

Yes, that's the important thing!

Vitaly Muzichenko #:

Yeah, try that.

OK, I can't tonight, I'll experiment tomorrow night.

Aleksei Stepanenko #:

OK, I can't tonight, I'll experiment tomorrow night.

Added

Forum for trading, automated trading systems and strategy testing

Topic for traders.

Vitaly Muzichenko, 2021.11.27 10:58 PM

Yes, you may try it.

I have a few variants, I haven't tried them all yet. I've tried them all myself, but I haven't tried them all yet.

I need something "magic", but I can't find it yet.

Yes, I understand, Vitaly. If we talk about objectivity, probably we should normalise each graph independently of the others, by itself. Probably, using min and max prices of the entire chart. What else is there to think of?

Well, or parts of the graph, as Zhenya says.

Aleksei Stepanenko #:

Yes, I understand, Vitaly. If we talk about objectivity, I guess we need to normalise each graph independently of the others, by itself. Probably, using min and max prices of the entire chart. What else is there to think of?

Well, or parts of the chart, as Zhenya says.

The idea was to plot zigzags on two charts and take points of common extrema (the moment when both charts reverse at the same time) and use those points to remove the trend on each chart (could be done using logarithm and three points) and then overlay the two charts on top of each other.

Evgeniy Chumakov #:

There was an idea to plot the zigzags on two charts

Interesting, and how?

I look at two curves normalised to maximum price (AUDJPY and NZDCHF). I don't see any correlation or repetitive movements, each living its own life. No?

Evgeniy Chumakov #:

The idea was to plot zigzags on two charts and take points of common extrema (the moment when both charts reversed at the same time) and use these points to remove the trend on each chart (you can use the logarithm and three points), then overlay the two charts on top of each other.

Please show on a live chart, if it is not difficult.

The way I understand it now is that there will be missing signals

Aleksei Stepanenko #:
I look at two curves, normalized to the maximum price (AUDJPY and NZDCHF). I don't see any correlation or repetitive movements, each lives its own life. No?
Exactly, it is not synthetic. Synthetic should have a dollar in it. And this is just two pairs, at random.
For example: buying UsdJpy and EurUsd we buy EurJpy, but we pay two spreads at once

Aleksei Stepanenko #:
Looking at two curves, normalized to the maximum price (AUDJPY and NZDCHF). I don't see any correlation or repetitive movements, each lives its own life. Don't you?

The latest development, but again past, something else to consider. The signal is sometimes missed.