A topic for traders. - page 25

Ivan Butko #:

Take any strategy that gives 50/50 (the same stupid wagons), run them on different pairs with the same period, but on different TFs, and by changing the lots, equalize the average result of each pair. Understood you, thank you all.

I had a separate software for trading pairs, it automatically calculated the lot for each pair, not only to even out the equity, but also to earn money. I could not profit from the logic of this software, so I dismantled it from my computer. Now the logic of the owl under test is different, and I have to set up the lot manually. And my head has stopped thinking about something.

As written above, the lot is calculated either by profitability or by instrument drawdown, depending on what goals are pursued, i.e. the greater the drawdown, the greater the risk - you need to reduce the lot, and so on, MM helps)

VVT #:

As you wrote above, lot is calculated either by profitability or by instrument drawdown, depending on what goals are pursued, i.e. the greater the drawdown, the greater the risk - you need to reduce the lot, and so on, MM helps).

If it were easy to manage lots according to your words, we all would have been BUB millionaires long time ago. Only BOOKS).

In fact all instruments step by their own rules. The linkage to other instruments is conditional and not at all unambiguous.

Uladzimir Izerski #:

If it were easy to manage lots according to your words, we BOObs were all BOObs millionaires a long time ago. Just BOOKS).

In reality, all instruments step by their own rules. The linkage to other instruments is conditional and not at all unambiguous.

Hi Vova! Where is your friend Oleg? I see that Fastom and I hounded him so much that he was deleted.

Ivan Butko #:

Could you tell me how to proceed? Using EURUSD, GBPUSD and XAUUSD as examples.

What is the minimum lot (approximately) you should open these pairs so that they give equal results?

Using the same example with the flies. For example, gold may get so high that it may gain big amount of profits as well as big losses in few trades. The pound is the same. And on their backdrop, the euro will stagger there on the back foot. As I understand it, similar to triangular arbitrage, you need to open each pair with a different lot. But I do not understand how to calculate it. If I calculate it by eye (the pair is twice as big as the others (higher spread of losses and profits), then I must decrease the lot size twofold - this is too crude, I want to be more precise).

Perhaps, I can ask a more correct question:

How to calculate the volume of orders in diversification correctly?)

As correctly noted, the calculation will only be correct at the time of calculation. The calculation is based on the exchange rate of the base currency. We take the highest rate and make it 1. The others are reduced proportionally. If the exchange rate between currencies will vary within 10% - that will be normal. If more, the recalculation is needed.

This will be correct with currencies. But with gold it won't be absolutely correct (the rate depends on weight of gold, and weight doesn't change, what we can't say about currency) ). Therefore equating the value of lots in the base currency manually by history only.

Question about commission.

Can you advise me how to calculate the commission for profit/loss before opening an order?

This question is not only important for me. Maybe someone has an original solution to this question and can share it?

Uladzimir Izerski #:

Question about commission.

Can you advise me how to calculate the commission for profit/loss before opening an order?

This question is not only important for me. Maybe someone has an original solution to this question and can share it?

Have you tried this one? Does it account for commission correctly?

https://www.mql5.com/ru/docs/trading/ordercalcprofit

Документация по MQL5: Торговые функции / OrderCalcProfit
Документация по MQL5: Торговые функции / OrderCalcProfit
  • www.mql5.com
OrderCalcProfit - Торговые функции - Справочник MQL5 - Справочник по языку алгоритмического/автоматического трейдинга для MetaTrader 5

pribludilsa #:

Have you tried this one? Does it take into account the commission correctly?

https://www.mql5.com/ru/docs/trading/ordercalcprofit

If an order is open, it is already easy to determinethe commission.

You have to find the right solution to find outthe commission before the order is opened.

Uladzimir Izerski #:

If an order is open, it is no longer difficult to find outthe commission.

You have to find the right solution to find outthe commission before the order is opened.

It's kind of before.

pribludilsa #:
It seems to be before.
Checked it. But I don't know if it's counting correctly. I checked with 0.01 sell lot, loss of 50 five-digit points, commission should be 0.08, the result is -0.43. In the history the commission is half as much, i.e. 0.04, but in fact it is 0.08. I do not know if it is the same for everyone or not. But this is the function you were looking for. Check for yourself if it works correctly. Why I say it may not count correctly, maybe it depends on the broker. They say that some brokers don't fill in the data returned by the server correctly. But specifically this is about leverage. Maybe it doesn't happen with commission. In my case half of it is in profit straight away and the other half is as commission. It may depend on it.

pribludilsa #:
Checked it. But I don't understand if it is counting correctly. I checked with 0.01 sell, I lost 50 pips, my commission should be 0.08 and the result is -0.43. In the history the commission is half as much, i.e. 0.04, but in fact it is 0.08. I do not know if it is the same for everyone or not. But this is the function you were looking for. Check for yourself if it works correctly. Why I say it may not count correctly, maybe it depends on the broker. They say that some brokers don't fill in the data returned by the server correctly. But specifically this is about leverage. Maybe it doesn't happen with commission. In my case half of it is in profit straight away and the other half is as commission. This may depend on it.

Thanks for the tip on where to dig.

Before I check it myself I would like to clarify the points so that I can compare it with others.

Your words: " I tested with 0.01 sell and lost 50 pips.

I do not understand what currency pair?

My commission should be 0.08 and the result is -0.43.

This is where the figure -0.43 comes from. ? Before or after the order is closed?)