How do you properly compare two non-overlapping rows? - page 6

Yousufkhodja Sultonov:

Unfortunately, no one can see further than their nose. An ISC for non-linear regression has long been developed - PNB is called. Many topics are devoted to this problem on the forum, but everyone stubbornly "ignores" them. PNBs were born and developed on our forum. It should be a shame to face difficulties when there are obvious solutions to the problem. Give them a foreign author, despite the fact that they are no match for PNB. Proven many times over. I'm getting tired of saying it publicly. I think in the days of Gauss and the two ISC authors, it was easier to promote achievement to the masses. I'm willing to compare PNB to the notoriousTheil-Sen methodhttps://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/372456/page5#comment_23244541

MNC is quite used (for a long time now) for non-linear regression as well.

Aleksey Nikolayev:

MNC is well used (for a long time now) for non-linear regression as well.

Yes, in cases where the form of the non-linear function or dependence is known by linearisation, but in the general case it is not applicable. PNBs are devoid of this disadvantage. What is the reason for such persistence? Or, is it better to go to Moscow from St Petersburg via Washington?

Yousufkhodja Sultonov:

Yes, in cases where the form of the non-linear function or dependence is known by linearisation, and , in the general case, is not applicable. PNBs are devoid of this disadvantage. What is the reason for such persistence? Or, is it better to go to Moscow from St Petersburg via Washington?

"PNB is a regular parabolic regression. Only the parabola is horizontal.

Yousufkhodja Sultonov:

Yes, in cases where the form of the non-linear function or dependence is known by linearisation, and , in the general case, is not applicable. PNBs are devoid of this disadvantage. What is the reason for such persistence? Or, is it better to go to Moscow from St. Petersburg via Washington?

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Yousufkhodja Sultonov:

What, exactly, don't I understand? Enlighten me, please.

Why should I?

Yousufkhodja Sultonov:

Yes, in cases where the form of the non-linear function or dependence is known by linearisation, and , in the general case, is not applicable. PNBs are devoid of this disadvantage. What is the reason for such persistence? Or, is it better to go to Moscow from St Petersburg via Washington?

Unfortunately, the engineering and scientific world is a tough one. Only those techniques survive that either (a) work and are profitable, or (b) are generally accepted and described in numerous articles in recognized mainstream peer-reviewed scientific journals. However, (a) and (b) can be mixed in any proportion).

Dmitry Fedoseev:

What do I need it for?

Then please keep quiet and don't mislead the forum members!

Yousufkhodja Sultonov:

Then please keep quiet and don't mislead the forum members!

Then keep quiet. You big-headed brat.

Aleksey Nikolayev:

Unfortunately, the world of engineering and science is a tough one. Only those techniques survive which either (a) work and are profitable, or (b) are generally recognised and described in numerous articles in recognised, mainstream, peer-reviewed scientific journals. That said, (a) and (b) can be mixed in any proportion.)

All the worse for such a 'scientific world'. Thousands of my undergraduates and doctoral students will have time to defend themselves. Board members won't dare open their mouths. One precedent has already happened. The scientific world will fall by the wayside of scientific progress or find itself in the role of a catching up, rushing, train.

Dmitry Fedoseev:

So don't say anything. You big-headed brat.

That's your culture. That's a shame.