ACTIONS news, forecasts, expectations, june 2021 - page 7

diman1982:
So that 10 per cent is nowhere to be found.

I have now counted 77 with yields to maturity above 10%.

PapaYozh:

I have now counted 77 with a yield to maturity above 10%.

And a 30% probability of default?

Evgeny Belyaev:

And a 30% probability of default?

What, like 1 in 3 issuers is deflated?

PapaYozh:
What, like every 3rd issuer is deflated?

...I run a red light and have never been hit by a car...

Aleksey Mavrin:

...I go through a red light and I've never been hit by a car...

Can we get to the bottom of this? It's a risky business deal.

Aleksey Mavrin:

thanks, cap, and you're here. it's boring here))

Half a million in CIS prefs is not much of a balancing act, unless of course it's 1% of the deposit.

The protection against the dollar rising against the ruble - usually it's not the dollar rising against the ruble, but the ruble collapsing against the dollar) at that point, these shares usually do not grow, but along with the ruble they go down .

That's when you can take them, and if you have cache in $, you can also take them at a discount and wait for the next year's dividends. Otherwise it is just freezing the cache.

This is a small fraction of the depo.

" Usually it's not the dollar that goes up against the rouble, but the rouble against the dollar " - that's the same thing.

If the dollar rises against the rouble - or the same for instance if the rouble falls against the dollar - the shares of SURGUTNEFTEGAZ are on the rise simply because a large part of its assets is denominated in foreign currency.

The situation you describe is true for companies with assets in rubles.

---

If you look at the USDRUB and SGNGP chart, you may even take January 2015 which is a nice bullish candlestick for SGNGP and the same month for USDRUB, a nice bullish candlestick too.) we see no fall - though ruble is falling ), SNGGP shares are going up just at the same time

Then look at USDRUB for February 2015 - Ruble goes up - Dollar to Ruble goes down - Surgutneftegas shares go down - although Ruble goes up

You can also look at July August 2018 in USDRUB pairing for those months. Also look at March 20 , all ruble is falling - dollar is rising - SNGGP shares what are they doing ?

Can you guess why?- Maybe you just did not know that the main assets of the company are in currencies.

And another example for two cases, you have a company:

1) let's say you have assets in rubles;

2) Assets in foreign currencies.

The dollar against the rouble begins to rise - your shares will either rise or fall in the market - and the shareholders realise that you will pay dividends in both cases in roubles.

What will shareholders do when the dollar rises against the rouble in both cases relative to your company?

A word of advice. When trading futures. For example war margin is negative. Then is it necessary to have roubles in the account or will currency also do?

PapaYozh:
What, like every 3rd issuer deflates?

Among VDPs, the probability of default is very high. It is best to analyse their financial situation before buying one. Even US government debt can catch a default.

https://www.rbc.ru/politics/03/08/2021/610878ef9a79472a3c650f45

Минфин США объявил о чрезвычайных мерах из-за достижения потолка госдолга
Минфин США объявил о чрезвычайных мерах из-за достижения потолка госдолга
  • www.rbc.ru
В конце июля госдолг США составлял около $28,5 трлн. С 1 августа в стране вновь начал действовать потолок госдолга. Если конгресс его не повысит или не приостановит займов, осенью существует возможность наступления дефолта

Vitalii Ananev:

Even US government debt can default.

It happens from time to time, but ends up with Congress raising the ceiling and it's business as usual.

PapaYozh:

It happens from time to time, but ends up with Congress raising the ceiling and it's business as usual.

I know that. That's why I'm saying it might, not that it's all kaput and the dollar is 5 kopecks. :)