The slippage parameter in the EA. - page 3

Account card know . Customer card I know . Account description don't know . Where is it? Can I have a screenshot?

Zvezdochet:
Account card I know . Customer card I know . Account description don't know . Where is it? Can I have a screenshot?

Look at the front page, updated the text.

Zvezdochet:

There is NO such parameter in the EA.

There is such a parameter when OrderSend is requested.

IN MT4:

int  OrderSend(
   string   symbol,              // символ
   int      cmd,                 // торговая операция
   double   volume,              // количество лотов
   double   price,               // цена
   int      slippage,            // проскальзывание
   double   stoploss,            // stop loss
   double   takeprofit,          // take profit
   string   comment=NULL,        // комментарий
   int      magic=0,             // идентификатор
   datetime expiration=0,        // срок истечения ордера
   color    arrow_color=clrNONE  // цвет
   );

and in MT5 there is. Put it there.

I am not a programmer. I have been written and told (or rather they write too) that the parameter "slippage is not needed" and therefore will not be added to the Expert Advisor. Advice such as "leave the programmer and find a normal one" - does not help, but it significantly gnaws at funds and generates many volunteers to help on a fee basis ... with advice.

I can't know what kind of conversation you have with the programmer, but if you make the server request like this:

int ticket=OrderSend(symbol,operation,lot,price,INT_MAX,stoploss,takeprofit,NULL,magic,0,clrNONE);

you won't have to worry about slippage ever again.

Aleksei Stepanenko:

I can't know what kind of conversation you have with the programmer, but if you make the server request like this:

you won't have to worry about slippage ever again.

I can copy this message and send it to the programmer . About the conversation, I previously quoted his verdict about the need for the slippage parameter.

Zvezdochet:
Account card I know . Client card I know . I do not know the account description . Where is it? Can I have a screenshot?

If I'm not mistaken, forex accounts with 5 digits are onlyMarket Execution, spread is floating. If 4 digits -Instant (kitchen thing), spread is fixed, but this is a thing of the past, I can't even remember, although it still occurs.

Zvezdochet:
I am not a programmer. My EA does not help, but they chew a lot of money and give rise to volunteers to help ... with advice.

Dobr Dan, M!

1) Freelance told you, without the slippage parameter the order will NOT open in fact it does. It' seven worse. You cannot create an EA without this parameter. You will get an error: Wrong number of parameters.
2) We were toldon Freelance that we do NOT need the slippage parameter. It does. Slippage is an archaism. Once it was needed, now it isn't. Dialectic!!! To understand - you need to get into programming. At least at the first level.Try to explain to your grandmother who sells sunflower seeds, what is Forex or Windows.
Let me explain with an example: you have to get a ticket on the bus, and when you get off the bus, you don't need the ticket.

If you've ever been involved in optimizing EA parameters, you would understand a lot.

The Expert Advisor parameters are used for what? To change their values and achieve the maximum profit. This is done in the tester in the optimization mode.

If it is true, the matter is as follows. You will see a window open an order when you press F9. If the words "Market Execution " are there, there is no slippage field. But the Expert Advisor uses the OrderSend() function and it has the mandatory parameter Slippage that is ignored in this case. By the way, the price set in this function is also ignored. And there is no field to enter a price in the window to open an order. The order is necessarily opened at the price that will happen by that time.

If there is Instans Execution (how do you say in Russian?) in the window of order opening, there will be a field to set the slippage. If the freelancer says we do NOT need slippage then we are only dealing with Market Execution = Market Execution.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

If I'm not mistaken, forex accounts with 5 digits are onlyMarket Execution, spread is floating. If 4 digits -Instant (kitchen thing), spread is fixed, but this is a thing of the past, I can't even remember, although it still occurs.

If you have one well-known broker, on MT5 the standard Instant accounts, and on MT4 it seems there are such, all at 5-mark, of course. It doesn't depend on the 5th digit. And instant does not equal kitchen.

Some people are simply better suited to instant, some strategies dictate the requirement to execute exactly at the price, even if it means skipping trades.

Zvezdochet:
I am not a programmer . My tips like "leave the programmer and find a normal one" don't help, but they chew a lot of money and give rise to volunteers to help for a fee... with advice.

If you are ordering something for money from a proger, get up to speed on the area where you are investing your money.

In my post above, I gave an example of a situation where slippage is necessary and important.

In general, the solution is simple - when you send a request slippage is specified in the spread, because if you specify zero, and the customer (that is you) suddenly has an invoice-insert, you can get in trouble.