MT5 and speed in action - page 49

A100:

Correct, i.e. we lose at least16ms to nothing (we can come back at the earliest).And we could not lose them if there was a free zero event or free custom events. And now event model in below case works limitedly:

Plus OnTimer has been freed up for other purposes
And you want zero events more often than 16ms?

It's super costly and pure suicide in the tester.

Renat Fatkhullin:
Do you want zero events more than 16ms?

This is super costly and pure tester suicide.

All I want is one quick event - zero - OnEmpty, which would be called once every time the event queue becomes empty. And you can safely perform your calculations with the current actual data

A100:

All I want is one null event - OnEmpty to be called once every time the event queue is empty.

Calling only OnTick, OnTrade*, OnBook.

fxsaber:

Calling only OnTick, OnTrade*, OnBook.

This strict limitation is undesirable, since the scheme must be general in nature and the actual processing of the other "slow" events (in particular OnChartEvent etc.) can be programmatically postponed if necessary

A100:

Such a strict limitation is undesirable, because the scheme should be general and the actual processing of other "slow" events (in particular OnChartEvent, etc.) can be programmatically postponed if necessary

I remember you suggested some good ideas on this topic in another thread. You know that with rare exceptions, they remain ideas. Especially such global ones.

If you could remove bugs and functions that slow down, that would be great. OnEmpty is cool, but the probability of its implementation is zero.

fxsaber:

I remember that you suggested some good ideas on this topic in another thread. You know that, with few exceptions, they remain ideas. Especially such global ones.

Not in another thread, but at the beginning of this one - remember OnMain

fxsaber:

If the function brakes were removed, it would be great.

With your efforts, I think it will be removed in time.

Alternative option.
bool EventEpmty( void ); // Постановка в очередь события, вызывающего OnEmpty.

fxsaber:
Alternatively.

But this is the user event, the speed of which you are dissatisfied with

A100:

But this is a custom event, the speed of which you are not satisfied with.

You just suggested a generic solution that doesn't need an EventEmpty.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and trading strategy testing

MT5 and Speed in Action

A100, 2020.10.07 18:44

I only want one quick event - null - OnEmpty, which would be called once every time the event queue gets empty.

It's hard to say whether and which option the developers will take up.

Renat Fatkhullin:

When a build is released with edits to the reports in this thread, please report here that it has been released.