Trend vs Flat - page 19

Vitali Kadel:

These patterns are found in the history. Now you need to keep these patterns for at least another 6 years and not make a single losing trade. Then you can make a profit.

You can talk a long time ... But how do you imagine the practical implementation of your "advice"?

Serqey Nikitin:

You just need to find confirmation that there IS a pattern in the market....

There are VERY many such confirmations. Some of them can be found in the statistics of the "Signals" SERVICE...

For myself, I will show you a graph of the test report:

So tell me, if there were no patterns in the market, would it be possible to develop a strategy: not a single minus trade in 6 years!

You just have to SEARCH for patterns in the market!

You're right - overexposure is also a grail. What difference does it make what results are achieved by.

As you can clearly see from the chart the orders are opened infrequently and the fluctuations that lead to a profit are several thousands of points. it takes time to make thousands of points so most likely your orders lifetime varies from hours to weeks and the stoploss/stackprofit ratio is more than 10-15.

CHINGIZ MUSTAFAEV:

You're right - overexposure is also a grail. What difference does it make what the result is.

As you can clearly see from the chart the orders are opened infrequently and the fluctuations that lead to a profit are several thousands of points. For a thousand points it takes time, so the lifetime of your orders is likely to vary from hours to weeks and stop loss/stack profit ratio is more than 10-15.

You're just not aware of it...

Every position has a stop loss, which means we are not talking about "overexposure"...

But in this case, it's just an EXAMPLE that patterns can be found!

Serqey Nikitin:

You're just not aware of it...

Every position has a stop-loss, which means that it is not about "overexposure"...

But in this case, it's just an EXAMPLE that patterns CAN be found!

Stop Loss may be set at a distance of 3000-4000 points or may not be set at all, in which case there is no difference, especially regarding Take Profit of 50-100 points.

There is no point in arguing about patterns.

Serqey Nikitin:
You can go on and on... But how do you imagine the practical implementation of your "advice"?

If there is a belief that the market is consistent and a pattern has been found that gives profits for 6 years and without a single losing trade . Put the advisor on the trading account and make a profit. If there is one or more trades with a loss, then the market is irregular.

Vitali Kadel:

If there is a belief that the market is consistent and a pattern has been found that gives profits for 6 years and without a single losing trade . Put the advisor on the trading account and make a profit. If there is one or more trades with a loss, then the market is irregular.

Why so modest?... Why only 6 years?...

You have to set it for 26 years, and then you will be FULLY convinced that the market is legitimate!

A flat is a fluctuation with a large random amplitude and a trend with a small amplitude. In other words, a trend is dominated by a regular component, while a flat is dominated by a random component.

By the way, no one paid attention to this comment by Genghis.

But this is not the main thing. I do not really understand why we need to model the market, if the goal is to make money out of it. We need to investigate methods of making money and that's it.

Алексей Тарабанов:

I don't really understand why the market should be modelled if the aim is to make money out of it. You have to investigate methods of making money and that's it.

If it is not a question of making profit in a single transaction, but a stable profit over a long period, there is no escaping from modelling the market..., or from finding stable patterns...

Now, the coronavirus has a 19% mortality rate, whereas before it was 7...9...12. What does that tell you?

Unfortunately, it means that the longer it takes to get cured, the more likely I am to die.

Now imagine a system where we know for sure that a trend reversal will occur only after the signal and the probability of the reversal is continuously increasing.

The only remaining task is to filter out false signals. The trend will turn anyway.

By the way, that is exactly the reason why I have argued and continue to argue that the eu will go down to 1.115 first, and then fall to the ground.