Looking for patterns - page 27

Vitali Kadel:

Also, the next bar has a large size, from H to L. If you know the direction of the next bar and price changes during this bar by 10 pips only, you won't earn much.

Well, here I also have one idea, it's just an idea so far, because I don't have time to realize it... But maybe just lazy, although the potential is great.

Idea to tell the surface, because if deep - you have a lot of time to explain, well, there are certain know-how, which I do not want to share.

Actually the idea: You all know (I think most of you do) about the "first impulse", so there is a certain regularity of price movement after the first impulse. The magnitude of the movement is determined based on the size of the impulse and the preceding short history (as a rule 1-2 time impulse formation, ie if the impulse consists of 3-4 bars, it is enough of 6-8 bars preceding the impulse).

Schematically here is a screenshot

The trend "lines" are first impulses of movement. So here we can reliably predict how far the price will go in the direction of the impulse or will not go, and will turn.

And the movement objectives can be defined either at the moment of the impulse formation (this is the topic of search for patterns using neural networks), or in the course of the price movement - I wrote here how to do it. There is also mentioning of possible reversals.

Sincerely, RomFil

P.S. Only the subject was "bumped" there - as usual they started to show - prove that it works ... :) But I'm not going to prove anything to anyone. I gave a pattern, and believe in it and then use it or not the right of everyone.

vladavd:

Moving on to ranges bars, explain how they are equivalent to volumetric charts?

They are not equivalent, they are better. And easier to implement.

RomFil:

P.S. Only the subject was "pushed" there - as usual, they started making accusations - prove that it works ... :) But I'm not going to prove anything to anyone. I gave a pattern, and everyone has the right to believe in it and use it or not.

I looked through the subject. I'll look at it in more detail later. I understand your mood, but I am interested in all your ideas and thoughts. If you don't want to post something here, but it is available elsewhere, please don't refuse to link to it.

Vitaliy Maznev:

I've looked over the topic. I will look at it in more detail later. I understand your mood, but specifically I am interested in all your ideas and thoughts. If you don't want to post something here, but it's available elsewhere, please don't refuse links.

I'll get banned right away ... :) You can't advertise third party resources here. Just ask here.

Vitaliy Maznev:

Specifically it uses a TS called 'Rails'.

This is not difficult to put together in an indicator.

The three input parameters are: the percentage of difference between the 'Rails' candles from the previous candles, the percentage of difference between the 'Rails' candles themselves, the period over which we take the size of the candles for comparison.

After building it, we can check how many pips the price moves in our direction or against us.

Vitaliy Maznev:

There are some ideas,

I'm thinking about what you said.

Aleksei Stepanenko:

This is not difficult to put together in an indicator.

The three input parameters are: the percentage of difference between the "Rails" candles from the previous candles, the percentage of difference between the "Rails" candles themselves, the period over which we take the size of the candles for comparison.

After the pattern is built, we can check how many points the price moves in our direction or against us.

I am more interested in the analysis by history. I mean the drawdown in the period when quotes before working out of the pattern still make the wrong side) and cases when the pattern is not worked out at all (we mean the reasonable drawdown deviations).

Aleksei Stepanenko:

I'm thinking about what you said.

Well, there's someone else here with original knowledge, and if he's interested too, the potential and prospects are very good.

secret:
They're not equivalent, they're better. And they're easier to implement.

What exactly is better, can you argue? I see at least a couple of obvious typical situations in which a re-run chart would be useless.

Vitaliy Maznev:

I'm more interested in the analysis on history.

Yes, for all the patterns found, you can set the drawdown level and see statistically how far the price has travelled in our direction. The result will be a probability graph of how many pips the price has reached. At a different drawdown level, a different probability graph.