Vim as ide for mql - page 5

Vladimir Simakov:
#define a 3
#if a<5
#endif
This will work. The whole point here is the translation phase. When the preprocessor is running, it knows nothing about constexpr variables, because this is already compile time.

Yes.

We should add operators to #if: &&, ||, defined, ==, !=, <, <=, >, >=...

Edgar Akhmadeev:

I don't know exactly the latest C++ standards, but "#if x>0" doesn't seem to be implemented anywhere. It's usually about "#if defined DEBUG && defined LEVELS", at least.

who knows nowadays? C++ started developing very quickly during last 5 years. I used to leaf through those threads on Habra about updates of C++, then I even stopped looking through them, to be proficient in modern C++ (like C++17 now ?) one should write in it, and for routine tasks C++ is seldom needed nowadays

Googled it, you must be right, I confused it with constexprhttps://habr.com/ru/post/351970/

well, the new C++ is shrouded in mystery, imho ))))

Renat Fatkhullin:

If not difficult, add include guards to std header files (or teach µl compiler to ignore #pragma once).

add mqlcpp__ before μl preprocessor directives, otherwise it will be handled by the first preprocessor. Include the headers from the std library as follows

#ifndef  VIM
mqlcpp_#include <Arrays/ArrayObj.mqh>
#endif

Why? They don't have include guards. If there are (three extra lines in each file), you can include them as usual.

Renat Fatkhullin:

Gentlemen, make the comparison "list of features and functions" vs "lacking this and that" and remove the word "cheesy". Especially if you use vim.

Intellisense we will improve, it's not so easy with templates. The search is there, but it'll get better - the plan has already been laid out.

The colour schemes are in Options -> Colors, but the themes won't be.

In fact, in the next release you'll be surprised what will happen to the editor. We are turning it into a multi-lingual MQL4/MQL5/C++/Python studio with GitHub and Stack Overflow integration.

I'd like one ME editor for mt 4 and mt 5 with shared catalogues.

Right now I have to constantly sync catalogues between mt 4 and mt 5

I don't know about others, I write one code that works in both mt 4 and mt 5, I just connect it with an inline to the mq 4 and mq 5 header files and compile. With this approach there is no need to write the basic logic twice or copy it for different terminals.

Current projects cannot be used with this approach...

The topic is about bunnies, oops, sorry - about balls, oops - about dancers.

Vladimir Pastushak:

I would like to have one ME editor for mt 4 and mt 5 with shared catalogues.

Now I have to constantly synchronise catalogues between mt 4 and mt 5

I don't know about others, I write one code that works in both mt 4 and mt 5, I just connect it by inclusion to mq 4 and mq 5 header files and compile. With this approach there is no need to write the basic logic twice or copy it for different terminals.

Current projects can't be used with this approach...

Yes... I'd like to see this magic code.

Dmitry Fedoseev:

Yes... I'd like to see this magic code.

nothing new, write a library of trading operations for MT4, following the example of KimIV library - open / close / trailing and order counting and connect the library@fxsaber, the basic logic of TS write in procedural style in OnTick (), for thematic forums such TS take 10-30 lines of code in OnTick (), this TS by 1-101 indicator or breakdown levels or analysis of multiple TF .... all in all nothing new has been invented on the thematic forums over the last 10 years.... This week I've been specifically studying foreign forums - the same situation, everybody goes in the same circle)))

Dmitry Fedoseev:

Yes... I'd like to see that magic code.

#ifdef __MQL5__

#endif

#ifdef __MQL4__

#endif

Igor Makanu:

Nothing new, you write a library of trading operations for MT4 following the example of KimIV library - open/close/trailing and order counting and connect library @fxsaber, the basic logic of TS write in procedural style in OnTick (), for thematic forums such TS take 10-30 lines of code in OnTick (), this TS by 1-101 indicator or breakdown levels or analysis of several TF .... all in all nothing new has been invented on the thematic forums over the last 10 years.... I've been specifically studying foreign forums this week - the same situation, everybody goes in the same circle )))

So it can not be anything new, all in a circle: "Open -> Trawl -> Close.

Once worked on a monolithic construction site long ago, just like it was a few years ago: "Assembled the formwork -> tied the rebar -> Concrete poured -> dismantled the formwork," and so on in circles, because there is no other :)

Dmitry Fedoseev :

Yes... I'd like to see that magic code.

Hi green, haven't seen you in ages)))) Where's your motorcade?)))