Vim as ide for mql - page 3

Vladimir Simakov:

PS for the defenders: Cntrl+Shift+F for some reason none of you called it. Only it's still not the same, and why is up to you to figure out.

Well there is also Ctrl+Shift+H, but it is still not that, even if such a thing would be in the metaeditor

TheXpert:

Yeah, like you know about trading, like you know about OOP, of course )

The unvarnished truths from every wall you can flaunt are mainstream, without the shadow of an individual attitude or personal thoughts. Learned records and 'wooden' experiences 'nailed' to the mind to fulfil functions set by society. Is unorthodox thinking and views an intellectual "chic" and a threat to a cardboard worldview?

So you have learned the PLO and then what? Do you know what the Object is? Can you formulate its definition in your own thoughts and words? Can you explain how and why it has become the centre of programming? Do you have your own attitude to this concept? Maybe your own approach? Can you quote, cram, repeat, understand what you have learned, and think for yourself? If so, demonstrate it with at least one philosophical judgement. Expert ...)))

Реter Konow:
I'm not interested in your opinion in principle, including about me, so go and make your rhetoric somewhere else.

TheXpert:
I'm not interested in your opinion in principle, about me as well, so go and make your rhetoric somewhere else
well, well...))

Gentlemen, make the comparison "list of features and functions" vs "lacking this and that" and remove the word "cheesy". Especially if you use vim.

Intellisense we will improve, it's not so easy with templates. The search is there, but it'll get better - the plan has already been laid out.

The colour schemes are in Options -> Colors, but the themes won't be.

In general, in the next release you'll be surprised what happens to the editor. We are turning it into a multi-lingual MQL4/MQL5/C++/Python studio with GitHub and Stack Overflow integration.

Since few people even appreciate the amount of work done, I recommend reading the detailed release descriptions: https://www.metatrader5.com/ru/releasenotes

Что нового в MetaTrader 5?
Что нового в MetaTrader 5?
  • www.metatrader5.com
MetaTrader 5 build 2280 Terminal Исправлена ошибка, не позволявшая удалить эксперта с графика, для которого нет данных. Исправлено отображения заголовков графиков при работе под Wine.Ускорена загрузка и компиляция MQL5 программ. Теперь при двойном клике на графике MQL5-программе передается событие одиночного клика. Ранее такие события не...

Renat Fatkhullin:

Gentlemen, make a comparison of "list of features and functions" vs "lacking something" and remove the word "cheesy". Especially if you use vim.

Intellisense we will improve, it's not so easy with templates. The search is there, but it'll get better - the plan has already been laid out.

In general, in the next release you will be surprised what will happen to the editor. We are turning it into a multi-lingual MQL4/MQL5/C++/Python studio with GitHub and Stack Overflow integration.

Renat, what's really missing is "match highlighting".

Are you planning to introduce it into the editor?

Renat Fatkhullin:

Gentlemen, make the comparison "list of features and functions" vs "lacking this and that" and remove the word "cheesy". Especially if you use vim.

In general, in the next release you'll be surprised what happens to the editor. We are turning it into a multi-language MQL4/MQL5/C++/Python studio with GitHub and Stack Overflow integration.
I apologize for the cheesy one, I agree, it's a bit rude. GitHub is git, that's respect.

Renat Fatkhullin:

Gentlemen, make a comparison "list of features and functions" vs "lacking something" and remove the word "miserable". Especially if you use vim.

In general, in the next release you will be surprised what will happen to the editor. We are turning it into a multi-lingual MQL4/MQL5/C++/Python studio with GitHub and Stack Overflow integration.

For the features I really miss, I wrote above, plus:

1. Folding would be nice, although I'm a stickler for the principle: a file of no more than 200 lines.
  2. Show definition (Alt+F12 in MVS) would be nice to have.
  3. Declared functions would be highlighted.

Taking the opportunity, on the development of the language itself:

1. constexpr variables, macros are a headache.
  2. Variadic function/template/macros.
  3. Preprocessor development, the same #if is needed.
  4. Specialized templates.
  5. Passing in non-type template-parameter.
  6. Multiple inheritance.

I have not forgotten anything)))

PS If you want to popularize the language, then remove the ban on dll in the marketplace. I will explain: using only mql you really can't make a decent commercial product, the same graphical interface to write it is too depressing, and that's while there are ready products such as windowsform, and you know, one thread of execution is also not nice nowadays. And everything is heavy on the outside, and mql is used for what it's for, to communicate with a terminal.

And how to debug? In fact, no editor becomes a full-fledged IDE for MQL because of the debugging peculiarities. If only GDB will be made to throw to IDE.

In terms of features we are lacking a normal framework, generic containers instead of Array.