On the unequal probability of a price move up or down - page 78

Ivan Butko:

-Tell me, can you also lift the wall in the shop... Ah, what a useful invention!

You're sarcastic, you're sarcastic... :) Have you tried to repeat TC's calculations? Did you succeed in it? But it worked and I use it in real trading, but not directly, but in a slightly modified version, because TS is "silly" and doesn't tell me how to do it correctly and I follow my own understanding of charts. The only "hitch" I have is in determining the proportions of lots, they vary a lot in my opinion - can jump from 2 to a few dozen ... and that's not right.

Don't swear, guys.)

The market is the coolest, no matter how you look at it ;)

With or without acceleration, everyone wants to get their own out of it. There is a chance - there would be enough 'time' for all).

b2v:
Although the author is trading something complicated and anything is possible. He is 100% sure of profit.

So why is he putting his foot down if he's sure? This is him trying to convince you.

RomFil:

I could probably (just don't know yet myself) prove my point with a few hundred formulas ...

This is unlikely. Firstly, there is nothing to prove (there is no thought), and secondly, even if there were, you would hardly be able to. Again, if there were an idea, you would not need hundreds of formulas, one or two would suffice.

b2v:
Graphically - subtract the straight line at their point of contact from the "hyperbola" and you have a "parabola".

One more piece of useful news.

RomFil:

... I am a physicist by training ...

1) Subtracting one instrument from another we get the relative velocity of one currency against the other

A chemist wouldn't have guessed that.

Since the author replies quite regularly and in detail, I will ask about the last transaction.
We opened/bought (roughly, sorry - I won't count to the hundredths) in terms of currencies (not pairs):

in short eur 1 conditional lot,
in long dollar 2 conditional lots,
in the short total of the yen 1 conditional lot.

The portfolio has a right to live, no doubt.

But why are you so sure that the EUR and the Yen will not go up, and the USD will go down?

The currency indices (if you build them over a year) are moving very well. The vol is as good as the pairs.

Mikhael1983:
Still, it seems that there are people here who use something very strong very often.

Well either they don't give a good enough general physics education in kindergarten.

By the way, the well-known formula E = m*c^2 becomes true if you write it like this: E = (plus/minus) m*c^2, may readers forgive me for not being able to find +/- with one symbol on my phone.

If c is already squared, will the mass drop out minus?

ppl....

You shouldn't drink so much coffee...

Let's not get into physics

Renat Akhtyamov:

if the c is already squared, will the mass drop out minus?

btw....

you shouldn't drink so much coffee...

let's not get into physics.
It's this way: Michio Kaku (American theoretical physicist of Japanese origin) The Physics of the Impossible. In the 2013 edition on page 123 you can find a popular discussion of this astounding fact in an easy to understand form. In short: Dirac's path to predicting the positron, for which he was later awarded the Nobel Prize in Physics, actually started with a hunch on this minus. I recommend drinking good coffee )

Mikhael1983:
It's this way: Michio Kaku (Japanese-born American theoretical physicist) The Physics of the Impossible. In the 2013 edition on page 123 you will find a popular discussion of this astounding fact in an easy to understand form.

You're in the right company, get some sunflower seeds and go to the bench.

I'm not going to join in, they say it's contagious.

about Nobel - mistakes are found after the award, oddly enough ;)