On the unequal probability of a price move up or down - page 54

khorosh:

Didn't get there, and there was always doubt. I tried several times to find some pluses in pair trading. I quit, and tried other strategies. I returned to this strategy again after some time, used different indicators, developed my own, but I still haven't found any advantages.

My experience in pair trading goes back about 25-30 years ago. I really earned. Today arbitrage is inefficient, no pairs work. Do not get your hopes up.

khorosh:

Didn't get there, and there was always doubt. I tried several times to find some pluses in pair trading. I quit, and tried other strategies. I returned to it again after some time, used different indicators, developed my own, but I still haven't found any advantages. If we use a more sophisticated strategy, and paired trading is more complicated than single symbol trading, it must bring some dividends. If it does not, what is the point?

The conclusion I finally came to: trade with one symbol and use the same filters for generating signals for entry that are used in pair trading - mutual positions of correlated currencies.

Martingeil:

What do you mean? :))

What do you mean you can not tell the difference between mt4 and mt5? What I said in the thread was said for the miners in their language.

You are not one of them, by the way? I think there is something there, since you are reacting this way))))

Just as you did not have enough intelligence to deal with your problem yourself, you do not understand that your code, I have not looked at, because without that you can help, if you specify yourself which terminal). remember that the tolerance of the forum participants is not infinite to such "unicums" who ask for help and give a shit about help instead of thanks)))

Aleksey Mavrin:
Just as you were not smart enough to figure out your problem yourself, you also did not understand that I did not look at your code, because you can help without it, if you specify yourself which terminal). remember that the tolerance of forum participants is not infinite to such "unicoms" who ask for help and give a shit about help instead of thanks)))

Well thanks for that, I think our differences have come to a consensus.

Martingeil:

This thread makes sense, everyone is reading it for a reason.

Answer the question: if you're a trader during the Asian session, open a buy position of 200 lots, where would the price move? And there is no such liquidity in the market in the market depths. Let's not go deep into the Cb interventions, and all kinds of nonsense like importers, etc. Just answer the question where the price may go up or down, in your miners' language.

And why are we trading pairs, and not just euros separately or just dollars? If it were just potatoes, then of course if everyone bought them, the price would go up, but if it's potatoes/carrots? )))))))))))

If you run to google now, the answer is not there)))

Jesus, what a nonsensical speech) 200 lots of potatoes in a glass in the Asian session. Asians don't drink that much mate))

Aleksey Mavrin:
Christ, what a senseless speech) 200 lots of potatoes in a glass in the Asian session. Asians don't drink that much, mate))

Is this an answer from impotence? The question was simply up or down. The same answer you gave me in my thread question to question in your style. It doesn't matter what you say as long as you say it, that's your forte.

Алексей Тарабанов:

Gentlemen, I used to do steam trading about 25-30 years ago. I was really making money. Today arbitrage is ineffective, no pairs work. Don't get your hopes up.

I think arbitrage is not quite what is called pair trading. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think arbitrage trades short-term small divergences of correlated symbols. And speed is important for it, positions are in the market for a very short time and the profit from one entry is sometimes less than a pip. In pair trading the situation is somewhat different.

Mikhael1983:
I'll try a simpler one. Look. An ancient mathematician. Has a fact: the ratio of circumference to radius is pi.

Two pi. Analogies are not your thing.

Andrei Trukhanovich:

Two pi. Analogies are not your thing.

Two pi, of course. However, my example is a good one.

khorosh:

I don't think arbitrage is exactly what they call pair trading. Maybe I'm wrong, but I believe that arbitrage trades short-term small divergences between correlated symbols. And speed is important for it, positions are in the market for a very short time and the profit from one entry is sometimes less than a pip. The situation is somewhat different in pair trading.

Everything is very long. I buy in one market and sell in the other. This is what arbitrage is. In 1997 I got 100% on 80,000 USD in a month. That was a pip ).