Apophenia - page 11

Renat Akhtyamov:

Nah, cluster volatility is needed.

i.e. in the time from so-and-so to so-and-so

It's all there to see how and what.

crossing the top/bottom of a square is one thing

crossing the side is another

The difference is that the rectangle is drawn until it is broken in the other direction.

Question: how did people trade 70 years ago, without computers, indicators, EA?

khorosh:

The difference is that the rectangle is drawn until it is punched in the other direction.

aha

Renat Akhtyamov:

Yep

This has some positive effects. Namely, if the last bottom rectangle has closed, it means that price will soon go up and vice versa.

Vladimir Baskakov:
Question: how did people trade 70 years ago without computers, indicators, EA?
They didn't, they just cheated.)
They invented their own pseudo-indicators and sold "how to be a millionaire" books and made millions from it.)
There were a lot of loopholes that aren't there now.)
Gunn was very good at it.)

khorosh:

This has some positive effects. Namely, if the last bottom rectangle has closed, it means that price will soon go up and vice versa.

I would say so:

Che got something, it's not bad, it's not bad at all.

but i had my own forecast for the yen yesterday, about which i have not told anyone - 110, and the oppa - now it jumped to 109.8, too bad that trades are closed, but i had pending orders that would not work anyway

If you learn to do this you will be tearing the hair on your head and spitting huge horns at the past

And catch the eva, it's down 220 pips.

It's much simpler than that.

Martin CHEguevara:
No way, just a scam)
They invented their own pseudo-indicators and sold "how to be a millionaire" books and made millions from it.)
There were a lot of loopholes that aren't there now.)
Gunn was very good at it;)
I don't think it's that clear-cut. There were successful ones. There were candles, bars.

Martin CHEguevara:
What else can be found on a timeframe of currency pairs? Heads, shoulders, waves, Fibonacci Numbers, Golden Ratios, triangles, flags, breakdowns, rebounds, strong weak levels, trying to present a market chart as a soundtrack, expecting to hear ... Trends... And many more...
Few people are familiar with the phenomenon of Apophenia.
This word describes our brain's ability to give meaning to things that initially make no sense, structure or relationships in random or meaningless data.

What do you think about this? Does this phenomenon occur as a factor influencing a trader's trading behavior?
Isn't it the problem of deposit loss for absolute majority of traders?

This is a serious question, if not the key one.

A hundred years ago I wrote a program in MATLAB, that just randomly generates bars.

Now I found it and generated

several pieces. Look for trends, flats, reversals, heads, shoulders, etc.

Aleksey Ivanov:

The question is a serious, if not key one.

A hundred years ago I wrote a program in MATLAB, that purely randomly generates bars.

Now I found it and generated

a few pieces. Look for trends, flats, reversals, heads, shoulders, etc.

and he answered it there.

So the post is a question and then the answer.

However, this is not the case, the price does not just walk on eggshells, the price is moved by our money and only our money

khorosh:

This has some positive effects. Namely, if the last bottom rectangle is closed, it means that the price will soon go up and vice versa.

Also, if the rectangles are long, it means trend, if they are short, it means flat.