Apophenia - page 17

Renat Akhtyamov:

I think he is full of hemp, as he is also trading counter-trends and hopes that the price will turn anyway,

50 years on the picture, no one can withstand such a move, if it catches, you'll sell anyway.

there is no cluster volatility:

chiff's trend record is 36,000 pips 4-digit or 360,000 pips 5-digit

Vaguely understand what clusters are and "why" they are needed

Vladimir Baskakov:
Vaguely understand what clusters are and "why" they are needed

well I wrote:

"Large changes tend to be followed by large changesof any sign, and small changes tend to be followed by small changes - Mandelbrot (1963)"

Except here's a nuance that immediately rejects the usefulness of identifying volatility clusters, highlighted

Alexander Karasev repeatedly gave an example when the signal caused the loss of value on only one trade after a series of profitable trades

The trend is a force that eliminates the need to trade in a flat!

So the conclusion is obvious - there is no need to combine the flat trading strategy with the trend strategy.

Let's discard the flat and have some happiness.

Picture given, you can develop a normal strategy.

So here is the New Year present.

Vladimir Baskakov:
What is the strategy? Briefly
Going against the trend in counter-trend.
Losses at most on flat, Profit always on strong movement.
The probability is always above 50%, no indices at all. Only order system which is essentially an indicator and timely reaction to it.

Martin CHEguevara:
By trend in counter-trend.
The probability is always above 50%, no indices at all. Only order system, which is essentially an indicator and timely reaction to it.
I see. I am a supporter of simplicity. Macd, ma & smartphone are enough

Martin CHEguevara:
On the trend to the counter-trend.
The probability is always above 50%, no indices at all. Only order system which is essentially an indicator and timely reaction to it.

Something about your strategy is not quite clear. You write here that there are no indulators.

You wrote a little earlier.

This is the forum on trading, automated trading systems and strategy testing.

Apophenia

Martin CHEguevara, 2019.12.25 19:20

The point is, look where the last coloured square leads and open trades there anyway.

Anyone who puts trades against the squares representing volatility differences will get sucked in.

There is a lot to say about entry points, but the point is that they don't exist. But the point is that there are no actual POINTS.

Because the market process is a probabilistic process.

There is noise, there is oscillation, and you can just assume that the price will fluctuate higher or lower for a while.

aren't coloured areas an indicator?

Vasiliy Pushkaryov:

I don't quite understand your strategy. You write here that there are no indices.

A little earlier you wrote

The coloured areas - aren't they an indicator?

It looks like it's trending no matter how you slice it.

Pouring it up our ears in short

Vasiliy Pushkaryov:

I don't quite understand your strategy. You write here that there are no indices.

Earlier you wrote

Are coloured areas not an indicator?
I was showing you what I based my strategy on.
The point is that the mechanism itself is simple, but it's hard to understand what makes it work. And the first thing you need to know how to model the market on gnc, the second is to understand why these coloured areas are formed.

Any way you want, but chaos on the Forex market is a new level of order.

Of course the last three years of very intensive research will not fit into three sentences, so forgive me if there are a lot of questions...

Renat Akhtyamov:

It seems to be trending, no matter how you look at it.

Pouring it up our ears, in short.

You can't separate the indivisible. You cannot separate a trend from a flat. This will inevitably lead to mistakes. Trend is the end of a flat, flat is the end of a trend, flat-trend is the basis of order in chaos, they are two sides of the same coin.
What you say about the trend is an inherently flawed, one-sided statement.

Vladimir Baskakov:
I see. I'm an advocate of simplicity. Macd, ma & smartphone is enough
I would like to point out that you have been treated to a typical switch of concepts.
Who told you that you can make money on the macd,ma?
Who told you that by identifying a trend you can make money?
On what is the basis of these assumptions?
On words?
Where are the statistics? Have you seen them?
No. And yet you believe, of course, because you have no reason not to. Everybody falls for it. And they ride the rails losing money...
My difference from the rest is that I have enough reasons and facts not to believe anyone)

Martin CHEguevara:
I would like to point out that you have been treated to a typical switch of terms.
Who told you that you can make money on the macd,ma?
Who told you that you can make money by identifying a trend?
On what is the basis of these assumptions?
On words?
Where are the statistics? Have you seen them?
No. And yet you believe, of course, because, AND THAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT => you have no reason not to. Everybody falls for it. And they ride the rails losing money...
My difference from the rest is that I have enough reasons and facts not to believe anyone)

such as?