Points VS Pips - page 36

Сергей Таболин:

It's not my formula - it's the uncertainty of what to call a pip.

Read it carefully.
OK, reread the definition again. I didn't come up with it.

A pip is the smallest meaningful change in price. Pips - percentage change. In essence it is different, in fact it is the same and no one calculates the percentage when they use a pip or a point. The same is done with MB and kBytes, and it would be rather funny with Bits. In one MByte you have 1024 kBytes. And one bit is 8 bytes. But everyone puts the prefix Mega- , Kilo- and no one bothers... The situation with the time is a joke. 60 seconds in a minute, but 1000 ms in a second. Half a second = 500 ms. And half a minute is suddenly 30 seconds.

As for 4 or 5 digits in a point, what is the point of using 4 digit points . Not only does a 4-digit clause not fit the definition, but it is also very hard to find a use for them.

Dmitry Fedoseev:
It's definitely amusing that society is divided into two camps: some have the point in the 4th sign and the pips in the 5th, while others have it the other way round. Cool show)

You can come to one, but who's going to watch?

Fast235:

you can come to one, who's going to watch it?

That's what we've already seen...

Dmitry Fedoseev:

So already seen...

If it's about me, I don't have the time. The salary has to be very big

and to a big one, you have to add a tall one.

Dmitry Fedoseev:

You see, you yourself write that 100 pips (and not even pips, but pips))))) on a 4-digit is identical - 1000s of pips on a 5-digit.

That's the great thing about pips - their proponents contradict themselves across the line.

No, there is no contradiction here. It's a matter of generally accepted interpretation. 1 pip is minimum movement everywhere and on everything. 1 pip in forex lingo is the minimum movement on 2\4 quotes. Pips in forex is used to indicate distance without having to clarify the signity of the quote.

You cannot be a supporter or non-supporter of the use of this measure of length. It is just used everywhere, you have to keep this in mind to understand what is being written.

SeriousRacoon:

No, there is no contradiction here. It's a matter of common interpretation. 1 pip is a minimum move on anything and everything. A 1 pip in a forex lingo is a minimum move on a 2\4 quote. In forex, a pip is used to indicate distance without having to clarify the signification of the quote.

You cannot be a supporter or non-supporter of the use of this measure of length. It's just applied everywhere, you have to keep that in mind to understand what is being written.

Yes, you can see how society is negotiating here using this standard terminology.

Dmitry Fedoseev:

Yes, you can see how society negotiates here, using this standard terminology.

This is the first time I've seen a pipsqueak argument! As much as I've read and re-read on FF, it's all fine and dandy. It must be the weather, it's gone bad. People thought to go to the cottage, barbecue, and got a slap in the face - they let off steam ))

The most interesting thing is that there is more! There is more Pippets! Holy shit, guys, we're in the matrix! Where's Neo?

There are also forex brokers who offer their clients the useof fractional pips, also known as fractional p ips. This is done to provide additional numerical digitisation for some currency pairs. One fractional pips equals 0.1 pip. Its value is called a pip.

Artyom Trishkin:
Religious wars are a creepy business.

@Artyom Trishkin you agreed that pips is an abbreviation of some concept, right?

Can you answer how this abbreviation correlates with the points in the Signals service?

Why is pips listed there, how does it translate from the MT4/5 point?

Or is it the same thing ?
(is point from mt4/5 equal to the abbreviation pips ? )