Points VS Pips - page 71

For two days now, an episode of the TV story "Fire, water and brass pipes" has been running in my mind. the one where the "wise men" argued over whether the stick was infinite or eternal. it seemed funny before, but in the context of this topic it's kind of sad.

Roman:

Sergey, we are talking about points, that's why we have defined points.
The points will be on a four-digit quote. The four-digit quotes also have pips.
In the ZT futures this is not in points, but in ticks (pips), because there are 265 ticks in one point of ZT.
I'm tired of saying what people don't want to understand.
Good luck to everybody.

I'll tell you what.

I sell you a kilo of marshmallows. The price is 200.00. You think. After 20 seconds, I reduce the price by one point to 199.99. This event is called a tick. Time to tick is 20 seconds, tick size = 1 point.

You think again. After 30 seconds, I lower the price by 40 pips to 199.59. This tick is 30 seconds after the previous tick, and the size of this tick is 40 pips.

You are thinking again, but you are more interested. After another 40 seconds, I lower the price 25 pips to 199.34. The time to this tick is 40 seconds, the size of this tick = 25 pips.

In total, there were 3 ticks in 90 seconds, but both in time and volume they were unequal.

If you liked it so much, you can call points as pips (but why?), but how many ticks are in one point?

Сергей Таболин:

I'll tell you what.

I sell you a kilo of marshmallows. The price is 200.00. You think. After 20 seconds, I reduce the price by one point to 199.99. This event is called a tick. Time to tick is 20 seconds, tick size = 1 point.

You think again. After 30 seconds, I lower the price by 40 pips to 199.59. This tick is 30 seconds after the previous tick, and the size of this tick is 40 pips.

You are thinking again, but you are more interested. After another 40 seconds, I lower the price 25 pips to 199.34. The time to this tick is 40 seconds, the size of this tick = 25 pips.

In total, there were 3 ticks in 90 seconds, but both in time and volume they were unequal.

If you want, you can call points as pips (but why?), but can you explain from this example how many ticks are in one point?

A new theory will come along... There will be some "pips" somewhere - there has to be something there.

Roman:

Sergey, we are talking about pips, that's why I marked pips.
Pips will be on a four-digit quote. Four-digit quotes also have pips ))
In the ZT futures this is not in points, but in ticks (pips), because there are 265 ticks in one point of ZT.
I'm tired of saying what people don't want to understand.
Good luck to everybody.

1/256 = 0.004

Look at the quotes in the table on the right, they do not change in 0.004. So you yourself do not understand.

The question is, are there points in BTC as well? Or Satoshi?

Сергей Таболин:

I'll tell you what.

If you want, you can call points as pips (but why?), but can you explain from this example how many ticks are in one point?

A tick can occur at any time, and by any tick size on the price scale.
In the example you have received 3 ticks, but the price has moved -0.66 tick size during these 3 ticks.
And can chop 100 tick(events) into a price of 200.00 and not make a single 0.00 price tick(tick size).
Don't confuse a tick as an event, and a tick as aminimum price change.
I understand what you wanted to ask and what is confusing you, distinguish between tick(event) and tick(tick size)
Similarly, distinguish between points and tick size.

In trader jargon, taking a few ticks means earning a few pips (tick size).
Equally, to take a few pips is to earn a tick size.
Play on words in the circle of initiates ))

Artyom Trishkin:

A clause is just an indivisible unit. If, however, you want to split the value of a clause, a different unit is entered.

Can I get a link in English, where it says that a clause is an indivisible unit?
because the previous comrade couldn't find it.

ps. because there are many self-definitions in russian)

with the same number of - points

will be a different amount - in currency

Roman:

A tick(event) can arrive at any time, and by any number of ticks(tick size) on the price scale.
In the example above, 3 tick(events) arrived, but the price moved -0.66 tick(tick size) during these 3 tick(events).
And can chisel 100 tick(events) into a price of 200.00 and not make a single price tick(tick size).
Don't confuse a tick as an event, and a tick as a minimum price change.
I understand what you meant to ask and what is confusing you, distinguish between tick(event) and tick(tick size)
Same thing, distinguish between points and tick size.

Do you understand WHAT you are saying? Your tick size is not the minimum price change. The minimum price change is a point. The tick size is how many points the price has changed from the previous event (tick). The price change can be expressed either in monetary terms or in points, but not in ticks!

I have the feeling that you're speaking in the Urk-Mortan language and that you're giving each value its own, invented definition.

Taras Slobodyanik:

Can you provide a link in English where it says that a point is an indivisible unit?
i can't find it in the previous version.

ps. because there are a lot of definitions of self-motivated in Russian)

Once you prove in practice that a penny is a divisible point (divide that penny into as many parts as you like and pay with those pips in a shop), I will immediately stop saying that a point is a minimum and indivisible value.

And stop asking for links in English. It's not barsko...

Aleksandr Klapatyuk:

with the same number of - points

will be different amount - in currency

It is . For example GbpUsd lot=0.01 :
on 4-digit (1000*0.0001)/1=0.1
on 5th (1000*0.00001)/1=0.01