Points VS Pips - page 34

Evgeniy Chumakov:
??? ))))))

Decipher for yourself the English concept of pips

Сергей Таболин:

My logical thinking is clearly not the same as yours. I don't see any percentages in your example.

I am talking about the fact that some people (unlike you, by the way) call the 5th digit a pip. And they cannot understand that it is the point - the indivisible and minimum!

Do not change the subject)

in my example there is a number 100 and there is a 1%

Let's see - can 1 percent of 100 become less (or more) if you use 5 digits instead of 4 ?

Pips is an abbreviation of the two English words "percentage" and "point". A "pip" can therefore be defined as a percentage point, which is the minimum variation of the price on a Forex exchange (1/100th of a percent). This popular market instrument helps you to quickly capture even the smallest of price movements. At the same time, the pip performs the function of rate clarification, starting from the fifth decimal place.

Regarding MT5. To avoid confusion with pips/points/pips,
you'd better speak about the step of the instrument.
It doesn't matter how many pips it takes to make a move.

Vladimir Baskakov:
Pips is an abbreviation of the two English words "percentage" and "point". Therefore, a 'pip' can be defined as a percentage point which is the smallest price variation (1/100th of a percent) in the Forex market. This popular market instrument helps you to quickly capture even the smallest of price movements. At the same time, the pip performs the function of rate clarification, starting from the fifth decimal place.

No, that's HOW does your percentage point turn into a regular point?

Interest (analytical) pips

It has become a particular problem in the forex market to use ordinary pips for analytical purposes. This is because most of the major currency pairs fluctuate around the value of 1, which means that a change of one pip for each pair is approximately the same value, but from an analytical point of view this is not the case.

For example, in the GBPAUD pair at 1.8678, a change of 100 pips to 1.8778 would be equal to a change of 1.8778/1.8678*100-100= 0.53%. That is, 100 pips = 0.53%.

On the other hand, for EURGBP at 0.8574 a 100 point change to 0.8674 would be equal to a value change of 0.8674 /0.8574*100-100= 1.17%. 100 pips = 1.17%.

Сергей Таболин:

No, well that's HOW your percentage point prevails

I just found this definition

Сергей Таболин:

No, but HOW does your percentage point turn into a normal point?

which "normal" point are you talking about? the point from MT4/5?
Yes, this point is not equal to a pip and does not convert into one in any way.

think further - almost there)

Vladimir Baskakov:
I just found this definition

All right, you found it, but there had to be an argument in addition to the definition, didn't there? You didn't read it on the fence, did you?

Taras Slobodyanik:

don't get off topic)

In my example, there's a number 100 and there's 1%.

Let's see if 1% of 100 could become less (or more) if you use 5 digits instead of 4 ?

Same question: how does your percentage relate to a point?

Сергей Таболин:

Same question: How does your percentage relate to the point?

same answer - not relevant to the point from MT4/5)

Сергей Таболин:

All right, they found it, but there had to be an argument in addition to the definition, didn't there? You didn't read it on the fence, did you?

The same question: how does your percentage relate to the clause?

Do you want to prove that 1 point=1pips?