Prop trading - is it a scam or is it good? - page 11

prostotrader:

The fact is that on RTS and BR there is a tendency for the spread to "fly away" (up or down)

Rashing the "entry trousers", with these trends, you simply will not be able to enter positions, and narrowing the "trousers",

the probability of hitting increases in proportion to the contraction :(

That's why I look at candlesticks. White candles are for entry, yellow ones are for exit. It is necessary to have a crossover. As you can see, there are several crossovers during the day. Need to look at a few previous futures to determine the average basis.

Added:

I.e. Waiting for expansion on entry and therefore contraction on exit. The difference is pocketed. Again, you need to watch more history to minimise risk so as not to enter at a level where there is no longer a convergence.

Alexey Kozitsyn:

So if it's not EBS, then full CS on the futures and the returns are worse... You said yourself that EBS is needed, didn't you?

I didn't think it was more profitable to have a higher entry rate or EBS.

I have EBS-IS, so it's definitely more profitable (I save 13%).

Alexey Kozitsyn:

That's why I look at the candles. The white candles are the entry, the yellow ones the exit. There needs to be a crossover. As you can see, there are several crossovers during the day. Need to look at a few previous futures to determine the average basis.

Added:

I.e. Waiting for expansion on entry and therefore contraction on exit. The difference is pocketed. Again, to minimise risk you need to watch more history to avoid entering at a level where there is no longer a convergence.

I have tried it this way, most of the time I have a loss.

1. You cannot enter by candlestick, only by spread.

2. As they widen and narrow "trousers" - unexpectedly, i.e. a hit with a high degree of probability.

Added

And the worst thing about the calendar, you won't be able to "master" more than 500 000 Rubles, even by trading all the pairs :(

Due to weak market liquidity, which is diminishing...

prostotrader:

I've tried it this way, it's mostly a loss.

1. You can't enter by candlestick, only by spread.

2. Both expanding and contracting "trousers" - unexpectedly, i.e. a hit with a high degree of probability.

1. About the candlesticks - they are composed of the spread. I see interesting "spreads" - I enter a candlestick and look at ticks to see, if there was an entry/exit possibility. That is why milliseconds are needed.

2. it is a good thing that they narrow and widen. If the basis were constant, arbitrage would not be possible. That's why we need to do research on the average input variance and the average output variance. All in all, you need to look more closely.

prostotrader:

Added

And the worst thing about the calendar, you won't be able to "master" over 500,000 RR even by trading all pairs :(

Due to weak market liquidity, which is decreasing...

About liquidity, yes, but RTS and BR are liquid enough to gradually gain a position. But we don't have 500k yet either, so problems will be solved as they come in :)

Alexey Kozitsyn:

About liquidity - yes, but RTS and BR are liquid enough to gradually gain a position. But we don't have 500k yet either, so we'll solve problems as we go:)

I, for example, have not been able to find a method of entering the market on widening and narrowing spreads, despite the fact that I have been trading a calendar for over 5 years

prostotrader:

The thing about KVIC is that it is very slow...

By the way, about the slowness. How does qscalp work on the quote? Directly to the exchange bypassing the qwik?

Alexey Kozitsyn:

By the way, about the slowness. How does qscalp work on the quote? Directly to the exchange bypassing the quote?

Haven't dealt with that question

Added

Just in KVIK the execution of order on futures goes ~ 120 ms, and in MT5 from the same computer 6-7 ms.

Feel the difference...

prostotrader:

Haven't dealt with this issue.

It's just that it's a scalper drive, from the videos (from youtube) some guys have seen how fast they bid there. No one has complained...

prostotrader:

Haven't dealt with this issue

Added by

Just in KVIC the futures order execution goes ~120ms, and in MT5 from the same comp 6-7ms

Feel the difference...

I suspect that even 120 ms is not a big deal. +- 7.5%, like you said, won't go away quickly. Not even in seconds.