Disadvantages and advantages , difference between stock trading and forex trading - page 10

Yuriy Asaulenko:

Well, I can't handle a 10 for 100k lot, and neither can you - we're twins. But I'm such a jerk, and I think the risks are big with leverage. But you don't, and you're doing well and have another 90 thousand available - you can buy a greyhound puppy). Our positions are always the same, and the risks are the same. And all these percents of deposit are nothing. I have a 10% profit and you have a 100% - I get jealous.

VTB is 0.0030 kopecks per share - you can afford it :-) ■ How much do you think - how many VTB shares can I buy for 100,000 roubles and how many lots?

Yuri, read me carefully - this is me writing about the fact that leverage is firstly not necessary when trading shares - secondly dangerous - let's put it this way - at least because of the temptation to use it.

Yuriy Zaytsev:
You still haven't answered the question of why you need leverage if you don't use it.

Where have you seen leverage at all? Leverage is borrowed money that a broker gives you, with which you actually buy a particular asset, a stock, for example. There is no leverage in forex or futures. You have a contract for say 1000 quid or 100 shares and its value (pennies) or spread. You or you are paid the difference of the value between the price at which you made the contract and the current price. You haven't bought anything except the parties' obligations. Where do you see leverage here?

Yuriy Asaulenko:

Where have you seen leverage at all? Leverage is borrowed money that a broker gives you, with which you actually buy a particular asset, a stock, for example. There is no leverage in forex or futures. You have a contract for say 1000 quid or 100 shares and its value (pennies) or spread. You or you are paid the difference of the value between the price at which you made the contract and the current price. You haven't bought anything except the parties' obligations. Where do you see borrowed funds and some kind of leverage here?

Yura :-) I know what leverage is and what leverage is.

Yuriy Zaytsev:

Yura :-) I know what leverage is, what leverage is.

Well, thank goodness for that)).

Yuriy Zaytsev:

Yuri, I understand what leverage is. The risk is the same for us, as long as we both work with our own money. The question is, why do you need leverage? To be able to enter with leverage? Suppose you enter, and the stock goes down, for five years.

And then you tell me who has a higher risk, assuming that you don't catch a reversal, playing with the leverage.

Investor versus speculator.

an investor without a stop can hold a stock for years.

As for the brokers with hard stops, they may be added to the market on a system and in a strictly defined time frame.

I'm not writing about those races....pi-....-people who break their own rules.

As a man, I am a master of my word, I take back my word, so I do what I want.