Discussion of article "The Price Histogram (Market Profile) and its implementation in MQL5"

New article The Price Histogram (Market Profile) and its implementation in MQL5 is published:

In this article I will consider Price Histogram - a simplified model of Market Profile, and will describe its implementation in MQL5.

Author: Dmitry

Rosh posted  :

New article The Price Histogram (Market Profile) and its implementation in MQL5 is published:

Author: Dmitry

Very interesting analysis, and clever coding.  I also found reading the original article of use.

I have scanned through the MQL5.com article and the code but have not yet found out at what point the histogram is produced during the day?  The original article seems to suggest this should be after the first hour.  Obviously if it is produced at the end of the day the data will be highly accurate, but of greatly reduced use becuase it is retrospective.

Paul

http://paulsfxrandomwalk.blogspot.com/ 

Regularly emailing the status of an account
  • Paul
  • paulsfxrandomwalk.blogspot.com
Prompted by a query, I thought I'd post a useful little utility that I have used for ages which emails the status of the account every hour.  After lengthy deliberation I decided to call it .... EmailStatus.  With only a small modification it could be used to log the status to a file, and the time...

I downloaded the MQ5 file and get an error at ExtExpert.OnTick();

struct or class type expected

undeclared identifier.

-Jerry

netconuk:

I downloaded the MQ5 file and get an error at ExtExpert.OnTick();

struct or class type expected

undeclared identifier.

-Jerry

All files must be located in the same directory, My directory is: ..\MQL5\ Experts\PriceHistogram.

Please check up.

After update to build 245, PriceHistogram.mq5 is not working correctly. Seems to be in an infinite loop and Calculation % bar shows only 1%,

In several recent builds,It's working not  stable,sometimes works normally,sometimes It seems dead  at "calculation 0%".

Is it the issue of MT5? 

2010.03.09 21:12:54 PriceHistogram (#DD,MN1) There is no accessible history PERIOD_D1

bcsunwww:

2010.03.09 21:12:54 PriceHistogram (#DD,MN1) There is no accessible history PERIOD_D1

Thank you for your message. Fixed, wait for updates.

PriceHistogram.mq5 does not work on chart. Meta editor error messages are in attached file.

Files:

Now it works perfectly. Please download the updated files.

The full documentation of source codes of the article is available now: The Price Histogram (Market Profile) and its implementation in MQL5

The documentation has been created by Doxygen.

See details in the article Auto-Generated Documentation for MQL5 Code.

The Price Histogram (Market Profile) and its implementation in MQL5
The Price Histogram (Market Profile) and its implementation in MQL5
  • Dmitry
  • www.mql5.com
The Market Profile was developed by trully brilliant thinker Peter Steidlmayer. He suggested to use the alternative representation of information about "horizontal" and "vertical" market movements that leads to completely different set of models. He assumed that there is an underlying pulse of the market or a fundamental pattern called the cycle of equilibrium and disequilibrium. In this article I will consider Price Histogram - a simplified model of Market Profile, and will describe its implementation in MQL5.

Hi,

it's a good job, but is it possible that the histogram is produced during the day in real time ? It is possible to split it in Asian - European and American time ?

ciao

Dario