What would it take to get everyone to finally switch to MT5? (collecting opinions) - page 28

Dmitry Fedoseev:

A troll of some kind. What's there to talk about when not a single thesis has been properly articulated, other than some general vague phrases. Good luck.

Renat Fatkhullin:

Renat, what do you think about this?

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and strategy testing

New version of MetaTrader 5 build 1930: Floating Chart Window and .Net Library in MQL5

pavlick_, 2019.02.01 07:35

Noticed that MqlTradeRequest has a decent reserved size (112 bytes, which is great). Immediately thought of https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/90051, no one from the company has responded. Why not screw in

ENUM_STOPPRICE_TYPE
ENUM_STOPPRICE_DEFAULT = 0
ENUM_STOPPRICE_BID
ENUM_STOPPRICE_ASK
ENUM_STOPPRICE_LAST

struct MqlTradeRequest {
    ENUM_STOPPRICE_TYPE stopprice_type;  // Тип цены для активации стоп ордеров.
};

This won't break backwards compatibility, and for you it's a few lines of code in the server side (well who cares what price to take to check activation). sl is also concerned.

ZS: for those who will call me an idiot (and for sure there will be some) - activation != execution.

pavlick_:

A troll of some kind. What's there to talk about when not a single thesis has been properly articulated, other than some general vague phrases. Good luck with that.

What's it got to do with me if you don't have a brain?

Dmitry Fedoseev:

What's it got to do with me if you don't have a brain?

It's not easy for you, you must get hit in the face a lot, the changes have become so significant that it's impossible not to notice

Even mild traumatic brain injury (CBI) can sooner or later cause encephalopathy, arterial hypertension, accelerate the formation of atherosclerosis, lead to a disorder of the brain's ability to regulate many organs, to perform their various functions. Intracranial pressure often changes after a head injury, often in the direction of increasing it.

http://myrt.ru/health/1259-oberegajjte-golovu-ot-udarov-jeto-vashe-slaboe.html

My advice to you is to see a doctor. ))

Оберегайте голову от ударов - это ваше слабое место
Оберегайте голову от ударов - это ваше слабое место
  • myrt.ru
Количество травм, которые мы получаем за свою жизнь, не счесть. Чем мы только не бьемся — конечностями, спиной, животом и, разумеется, головой. Некоторые умудряются ударяться ею особенно час

pavlick_:

It's not easy for you, you must get hit in the face a lot, the changes have become so significant it's impossible not to notice

http://myrt.ru/health/1259-oberegajjte-golovu-ot-udarov-jeto-vashe-slaboe.html

My advice to you is to see a doctor. ))

Saw the fly, baby.

Andrey Kolmogorov:

In the current situation there will never be a mass migration from MT4 to MT5:)

A huge amount of code is written and used under MT4, plus the ease of operation and habit.

The transition is only possible with full compatibility of the code written for MT4 and MT5 in a new version of the terminal, for example in the 6-th. And gradual unification of the code.

I totally agree. Make programs (ex4) and code (mq4) backwards compatible. As it was in Windows (programs). And then move on.

It would be a good idea to run on demo servers, on Sundays, real time quotes, old trading sessions with full trading functions.

Victor Ziborov:

- What would it take to get everyone to finally switch to MT5 ?

- You need hedging mode by default.

99% of forex dealers have it by default

Yes... 2 per cent use the editor... I reckoned 10-15 per cent. The rest only consume the products created.

Interestingly, the main products produced, EAs, still have no clear quality criteria, and the giant technological foundation of the platform and language, developed over decades, supports products that can assert their quality with one picture of a tester, made on hacks of testing and optimization.

Alas, the desire for ostentatious professionalism supports an idealistic picture (like an advertising poster), but when it comes to testing the software - everything is determined by the tester's graph after optimisation. And no one is interested in the innards any more.

It is difficult to convince coders that a professional program is more profitable than a non-professional one and therefore additional efforts are justified. On the other hand, they are given an opportunity to save their efforts by selling anything under the guise of the Grail.

It is like when training, putting prey in front of an animal and then trying to entice it with a sausage that it was doing tricks. One action destroys the meaning of the other. Just like in the case of C# accessibility. Advertise and develop your language and then say - "come on, write in Sharp...".

Strange though....

Реter Konow:

Yes... 2 per cent use the editor... I reckoned 10-15 per cent. The rest only consume the products created.

Interestingly, the main products produced, EAs, still have no clear quality criteria, and the giant technological foundation of the platform and language, developed over decades, supports products that can assert their quality with a single tester picture, made on testing and optimization hacks.

You have a one-sided picture of the world.