What would it take to get everyone to finally switch to MT5? (collecting opinions) - page 52

Реter Konow:

The company has opted for MT5 and is pursuing a policy of displacing MT4, so I too have had to make the difficult choice to go with the new platform and there is no other way. MT4 is objectively becoming obsolete and the process of its departure is inexorable, and what happens when the old is gone and the new does not take its place? Look at animal movies - lions for example - territory is conquered by the most viable individuals.

The world is the same jungle and the laws are the same, although the wrapping is more complicated. I'm just looking ahead.

Don't sweat watching an '80s disco on New Year's Eve, for example.

Those songs are in their 40s.

;)

Makar Anoshin:

So there will be a compromise option to combine the two platforms by providing the ability to work with mql4 files in MT5. Technically it is quite within the power of MKL. And I think that those who will use MT4 will eventually reach 1/3 of all users...but how popular MQL5 language and services will be is a question...but the universal Five will be used by the majority.

That would be the friendliest step to Quartet users which together with other steps could dramatically change attitude to Five and lure most of the conservatives away.

Renat Akhtyamov:

Let's say I want to try a strategy on ticks. MT4 is not suitable.

Suppose I want to test a multi-currency strategy. МТ4 will not fit.

It may slow down when testing these strategies but there are many times more operations and their processing.

So, everything is relative.

Let's say there are 28 pairs.

We should multiply single currency testing in MT4 by 28 and compare it with MT5 for that matter.

I don't think so, it's a plus for multicurrency, but it's a big fat minus, like performance in simple variants... If that performance wasn't implemented on 4, it wouldn't stick out, but now I have to do all the basic work on 4 and then the finishing multicurrency run on 5...

I've tried it with single currency pairs, but I've never managed to get a good result with ticks that are shown on real account, so it's more like dabbling than a really useful thing...

Nikolai Semko:

My observations suggest otherwise: mt5 is an order of magnitude faster than mt4.

Try my variant, I may admit it's a special case, but it's a real special case, not the speed in 2+2 stacking...

Forum on trading, automated trading systems & strategy testing

What should I do to get everyone to finally switch to MT5? (collecting opinions)

xxz, 2019.02.11 11:18

Here's the proof as promised....

some explanations: in fours Expert properties-optimization tab-maximum drawdown-70%...

in five leave only one agent...

timeframe - 1m, at opening prices...

optimization period at your discretion, EURJPY currency pair...

hope to share results and impressions)

how many times slower is a 5 than a 4)

xxz:

and ticks are quite a controversial thing, and as they say no one has ever shown really amazing results using ticks that are displayed on a real account, so it's more of a dabble than a really necessary thing...

I've been showing,

e.g.

;)

Nikolai Semko:

My observations to the contrary: MT5 is an order of magnitude faster than MT4.

so it's a maths toy, irrelevant to real trading...

Renat Akhtyamov:

I did,

e.g.

;)

I won't argue with that myself and I don't follow it...

Nikolai Semko:

My observations to the contrary: MT5 is an order of magnitude faster than MT4.

If you don't mind, take my version and comment on the results...

All the opponents are hiding in the bushes...

Makar Anoshin:

So there will be a compromise option to combine the two platforms by providing the ability to work with mql4 files in MT5. Technically it is quite within the power of MKL. And I think that those who will use MT4 will eventually reach 1/3 of all users... How popular will be the MQL5 language and services inside the updated terminal is a question...but the universal Five will probably be used by the majority.

MQL4 in the new terminal will negate all the arguments and reluctance of brokers to give up mt4, if the developers are able to do it.

xxz:

Try my variant, I can admit that it is a special case, but it is a real special case, not the speed in 2+2 stacking...

For me, 2+2 stacking speed is more important than tester optimisation speed.

It's completely inappropriate to claim speed just based on a comparison of testers. The tester is just on the 5 is much more advanced, but advanced absolutely does not mean speed. Search the forum - this has been discussed a lot and even the "good guys" (retro MQL4 lovers) have admitted it, agreeing with the "good guys" (modern technology lovers).

Moreover, to compare the speed one has to compare two absolutely identical codes. In my example it is the same, while your code is completely different, since version 5 includes 4 more inludes (by the way, the file IsNewBar.mqh is missing) and you are using 4 different classes. You don't have it in version 4.

Don't you think you are smarter and wiser than the developers?