What would it take to get everyone to finally switch to MT5? (collecting opinions) - page 49

Makar Anoshin:

Certainly the whole transition to MT5 is leading to this. That's why it's not about G-code. If you want to protect MQL5 language from so-called G-code, you are welcome... I don't think that reading mql4 programs will affect the purity of programs written in mql5. Simply, if mtshnik 5 will read mql4, then no one will just write in mql5 ... Why should they? If a program can read mql4 which is more convenient for everybody

maybe so, but fiver has some very good sweetnesses, multicurrency, kist symbols, the possibility of networking agents, and the rest is mostly toys for "kids" of older age...

Makar Anoshin:

Certainly the whole transition to MT5 is leading to this. That's why it's not about G-code. If you want to protect MQL5 language from so-called G-code, you are welcome... I don't think that reading mql4 programs will affect the purity of programs written in mql5. Simply, if mtshnik 5 will read mql4, then no one will just write in mql5 ... Why? If a program can read mql4 which is more convenient for everyone?

And who needs this mythical purity of programs and why? Isn't it just nonsense?

"Write more professionally, learn the language, improve your skills...", what are these requirements for? Everyone writes what they want and how they want, and any, the most primitive program can make money on the market, because that's the nature of the market. So what quality of code are we talking about?

It's another matter that not every program can be allowed into the Market. But everyone can frolic with the code, and the evaluation and boundaries of his personal creative space should not be set from outside.

Реter Konow:

And who needs this mythical purity of programmes and why? Isn't it nonsense?

"Write more professionally, learn the language, raise the level...", what are these requirements for? Everyone writes what they want and how they want, and any, the most primitive program can make money on the market, because that's the nature of the market. So what quality of code are we talking about?

It's another matter that not every program can be allowed into the Market. But everyone can frolic with the code, and the estimate and boundaries of one's personal creative space must not be set from outside.

I don't even know how you can use the Market, there's no "grails" there, and you can use what you have only if you have access to the guts of the code itself, where you can change and correct something if necessary, but then again you need to know the language, and if you know the language, you can theoretically write such a thing yourself...

xxz:

I have no idea how you can use the Market, there are no "grails" there, and you can only use what you have if you have access to the guts of the code itself, where you can change and correct something if necessary, but again, you need to know the language, and if you do, you can theoretically write something like that yourself...

The platform is a forge for ideas, and the Market is the goal of idea development. A mature idea, professionally implemented in a product has the right to be published for sale, while an immature idea, poorly implemented, does not.

The platform must accept everyone, while the Market must accept the best. We have the opposite. The platform strives to accept the best, while the Market accepts everyone.

xxz:

So if there is no demand for Mt5, why should they bother...

That's what I'm saying, you need to get the brokers first, not the traders. I would like to trade at my favourite brokers and on my favourite pairs.

Artem Konkov:

That's what I'm saying, you need to get the brokers up to speed first, not the traders. I would like to trade at my favourite brokers and on my favourite pairs.

On the contrary, you need to create a need in traders first. And this will work only if the traders themselves will ask their brokers, where is MT5, when? Otherwise I will go to trade with a competitor...(this is how it works, not the other way around). And if traders do not have demand for MT5, then why do brokers introduce this terminal? My brokerage company introduced this terminal not so long ago, there are no traders who would like to switch to it. If someone tried MT5 on Demo, most of them went back to 4 ... Five is certainly cool, but nothing more...

The strong demand for MT5 and the queues for it in brokerage companies can be created... If only developers would have wanted it.

Artem Konkov:

That's what I'm saying, you need to get the brokers up to speed first, not the traders. I would like to trade at my favourite brokers and on my favourite pairs.

Are you short of 10 major pairs? If you know how to trade, you may trade even in pairs of "Woolen Bowl/RUSH", "Woolen Bowl/RUSH", "Woolen Bowl/RUSH", etc. The main thing is liquidity and volatility...

Makar Anoshin:

Just the opposite, you need to create a need in traders first. And this will work if the traders themselves will pull their brokers, where is MT5, when? Otherwise I will go to a competitor...(that's how it works, not the other way around). And if traders do not have demand for MT5, then why do brokers introduce this terminal? My brokerage company introduced this terminal not so long ago, there are no traders who would like to switch to it. Most of my brokers even tried it on Demo and immediately returned to 4...

I half agree. The 4's support is threatened to be reduced, and fit in different branches, but there is no connection with the brokers. It seems to me brokers still have more resources than traders to start the transition.

xxz:

Are 10 major pairs not enough for you? If you know how to trade, you can trade even in pairs of "Woolen/Blendy", "Woolen/Blendy", "Woolen/Blendy/USD"... The main thing is liquidity and volatility.

Of course you can. But I'm more profitable on my favourite pairs.

Artem Konkov:

I half agree. It's just that they're threatening to cut support for 4, and they're adjusting it in different branches, but there's no connection with brokers. It seems to me brokers have more resources than traders to start the transition.

The situation here is "mutual". If a broker starts throwing sticks in the trader's wheels... If broker puts obstacles in trader's way... and if client is not satisfied with MT5 terminal he may go to another broker who will not restrict his needs... that's why neither MT5 developer nor brokerage companies dare to do it...