What would it take to get everyone to finally switch to MT5? (collecting opinions) - page 16

Igor Zakharov:

If a broker launched an MT5 account 2 years ago, what real ticks from three years ago will they offer?

Well if not enough, it will already be using simulated ticks. Look for one that has a lot of tick history.

Реter Konow:

I'll answer your question at the same time, as well as the ridiculous outcry that I want to destroy MT4.

The inevitable trend is that MT4 is gradually becoming obsolete. It cannot be changed. As Renat said: "Every architecture/skeleton has its own development limits". MT4 reached them a long time ago, and since it is no longer developing (even if it were developing, it would quickly reach the ceiling), it could easily lose its position in the future.

Competitors are waiting and breathing down the back of MT4. They are surely doing their own development and time is playing into their hands. To remedy the worsening situation and keep up with the development, the company is developing and implementing MT5. Technologically, MT5 is head and should not be beaten by competitors for years to come, but only if it is popular. Failures with MT5 implementation threaten the monopoly on the market as MT5 becomes less scary for competitors. MQ is left to rely solely on MT4, which is much easier for competitors to cope with technologically.

Attempting to introduce MT5, is a struggle for future niche dominance and striving to secure it for years to come. Failure to do so could easily fall prey to competitors and be forced out of the market in the near future. Therefore, once again, it is a question of survival. No one questions "why rearm the army? Don't WW1 weapons shoot? Let them fight..."?

It would seem, what business is it of mine or other users? That's the company's problem. However, being used to thinking big picture, I see the prospects of my project as tied to MT5. It is a powerful technological underpinning, convenient for realization of my most ambitious ideas. And I also need MT5 to be massively popular, so that it won't be unnecessary along with the obsolete platform in a few years.

i dont believe that you googled the question about competition! you can find Renat's posts on the quickie forums 4-5 years ago where he explained the advantages of MT5 over quickie, they are so rabid users that they are willing to scalping on a braking drive ? quickie, but do not even bother to open MT5 and see the obvious, and you not bothering to study the trading platforms issue you made a big speech at the very least )))))

My advice, don't read the press or media, your message is from the realm of: "If you care about your digestion, my good advice: don't talk about Bolshevism and medicine at lunch. And, God forbid, don't read Soviet newspapers before lunch." (С)

just slogans)))

ZS: Peter, have you already made the switch to MT5? - Can you at least write a simple expert on one indicator ? ;)

Реter Konow:
The main question in the topic. A clear, logical, thoughtful statement is welcome.

If you don't like mt4 don't trade there! mt4 is much more familiar to me.

Igor Makanu:

Stop stating the obvious ))))

ZS: I remembered my childhood, that was the time... this topic reminds me of the children's debates in the early 90's, which is better than coca cola or pepsi cola, why those who thought coca cola was cooler won, apparently it was to show their taste for the great even as children, because pepsi was freely available, while coca who was lucky enough not to get it .... and then sprite came along and shattered all the stereotypes - it turned out this children's drink was created to wash down vodka with lemon ( Stopka ?? ) by adults ))))

Pepsi, that's just the drink you order when they don't have Coke.

What's the argument about? I do everything cross-platform in Metaeditor 5, the time cost is no more than 10-15%, but you can compile it into whatever you want, you can switch targeting right in the project properties.

Реter Konow:

Haven't read the whole thing, but I assume that in this long post Peter paints a picture of another apocalypse culminating in the total collapse of the entire world?

Реter Konow:
The main question in the topic is. A clear, logical, thoughtful statement is welcome.

It is commercial policy to have two terminals. Technically it is always possible to merge into one. Therefore it is inappropriate to interfere with advice.

jdjahfkahjf:
Pepsi, that's just the drink you order when they don't have Coke.

yeah, coca-cola rules!!!!1111odinodyne

psst. not diet.)

pps. read somewhere that they are going to make more coke with marijuana, it's going to be "canna cola"

Dmitry Fedoseev:

Haven't read the whole thing, but I assume that in this long post Peter paints a picture of another apocalypse culminating in the total collapse of the entire world?

And on the ashes of the collapse a new galaxy will be born?)

- What would it take to get everyone to finally switch to MT5 ?

- You need to have hedging mode by default.