What would it take to get everyone to finally switch to MT5? (collecting opinions) - page 9

Реter Konow:

In general, it is my personal opinion that if you are counting on the masses, you have to do everything for the masses. If you count on professionals, you have to do it for them.

There is no sense in calculating a product for the masses and professionals at the same time. It is necessary to choose. The choice is simple: money determines priorities.

So, the masses dictate the necessity, and here MT5 turns out to be less relevant for them. However, sometimes the masses can be shown a new direction and lead the way.

If MT5 can create a new field/sphere/space/mode etc... then the masses will go to it. I don't see anything else.

The product has to be oriented not only for today but also for tomorrow. By the time you finish writing your kernel, everyone will have forgotten about mt4 )

Реter Konow:

I see. But the nature of MT5 is precisely in its demanding professionalism, which visibly elevates it above MT4 in the eyes of experienced programmers. Do you think that this exactingness has played the role of the main brake on its popularity among the average educated diversified traders? Do you think that programmers' professionalism of developers, with their craving for quality, played against their product? Reduced its chances to conquer the masses?

So the question is what to do with it?

It's good that the product became more powerful, but it is important that it was not only suitable for hardcore OOP-development, but also for quick testing of ideas, as it was in MT4. As far as I know from communication with traders many traders sit on MT4 because MT5 requires a lot of headaches to rewrite the tools (especially indicators).

Реter Konow:
The main question in the topic. A clear, logical, thoughtful presentation is welcome.
Your situation is similar to that of Apple (P.S. I'm not a professor in the field of Apple, moreover, I'm not its fan and in general I don't use their equipment, so no need to shout at me if I mixed up versions or something, just a similar situation came to mind), so, when Apple released Mac OS X (perhaps the story was with another version, but never mind), the company came across a situation that this platform had absolutely no applications, as applications written for the same Mac OS 9 were simply not supported, the solution to the problem was simple, applications from OS9 ran on OS10 through emulation.

Now open mql5.com, go to Market... look at the number of MT4 and MT5 indicators and EAs, how many years has it been? And why would I use MT5 if there's no software for it... No, seriously, you can promote MT5 as much as you want, but no matter how cool, cuddly and stylish it is, why would I want to use it if there's no software for it?

I don't have programming skills, but I think it's easy to make the same copywriting of trades from mt4 to mt5 and embed it in the terminal if I don't have a possibility to make a full-fledged emulation.

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

To be honest, I don't understand what my reply was in response to.

What I'm saying is that it's not the user's choice, it's the DC's in fact.

Most users won't do anything in terms of programming, few will turn to freelancing for a year before the plum.

Therefore all these disputes are the lot of advanced users and programmers, i.e. small part of real users, who do not care how to lose money.

Well, why should the brokerage companies slow down MT5?

hadeff:
Your situation is similar to that of Apple

I mean, MQ's situation. I'm just leading the thread and I'm not a spokesperson.

hadeff:
Your situation is similar to that of Apple (P.S. I'm not a professor in the field of Apple, moreover, I'm not its fan and in general I don't use their equipment, so no need to shout at me if I mixed up versions or something, just a similar situation came to mind), so, when Apple released Mac OS X (perhaps the story was with another version, but never mind), the company faced a situation that this platform had absolutely no applications, as applications written for the same Mac OS 9 were simply not supported, the solution to the problem was simple, applications from OS9 ran on OS10 through emulation.

Now open mql5.com, go to Market... look at the number of MT4 and MT5 indicators and EAs, how many years has it been? And why would I use MT5 if there's no software for it... No, seriously, you can promote MT5 as much as you want, but no matter how cool, cuddly and stylish it is, why would I want to use it if there's no software for it?

I don't have programming skills, but I think it's easy to make the same trades copywriting from mt4 to mt5 and embed it in the terminal, if I can't make a full-fledged emulation.

I see. So we need to increase the amount of MT5 software, according to you. Accepted.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

The product must be oriented not only for today but also for tomorrow. By the time you finish writing your kernel, everyone will have forgotten about mt4 )

Right. I am thinking about tomorrow and the masses. I believe that you have to anticipate the development of the public's interests and seize the initiative in advance. That is the key to success.

Реter Konow:

Well, why would the DC want to slow down MT5?

I think the licence is more expensive, and there are probably fees per client. In any case, the manager of Otkritie broker justified charging for the use of an additional terminal.

Plus the hardware requirements are clearly more serious and there are no obvious benefits to them (what are they?), so they are not interested in a mass migration to another platform.

Let both platforms coexist peacefully, satisfying the needs of different user groups. No need to kill grandpa to make room in the flat for new generations).

transcendreamer:

It's good that the product became more powerful, but it is important that it is convenient not only for hardcore OOP-development, but also for quick testing of ideas, as it was in MT4. As far as I know from communicating with traders, many of them sit on MT4 because MT5 requires a lot of headaches to rewrite the tools (especially concerning indicators).

I see. Make it easy to quickly check ideas.