Question! Do the developers of robots (Expert Advisors) trade themselves? - page 10

Vladislav Andruschenko:

EA constructor (https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/277846)

In 10 years I still don't know everything 100% about trading. There are always nuances.

I completely agree. I've been using your builder for about 10 years (thank you very much) and I've tested probably a hundred strategies on it ("wrote a hundred robots", as some people would say), but I haven't found anything that I would not be ashamed to put on the market (that would give buyers some meaningful guarantees of steady income without knowing many subtle nuances of trading).

Aleksey Ivanov:

I totally agree. I've been using your builder for about 10 years (thank you very much) and I've tested probably more than one hundred strategies with it ( I've written one hundred robots , as some people think ), but I haven't found anything that I would not be ashamed to put on market (that would give buyers some meaningful guarantee of getting consistent profits without knowing many subtle nuances of trading).

Thank you.

The problem is to develop the strategy rather than abandon it halfway through. Because what's not profitable now might work in a year...

Boris Gulikov:

"It's just that the story about my tester having a wow! and in real life, I'm getting tired of it. Most often the situation is as follows: in the tester - so-so, in real life - even worse. "That's what you said!

That's a 100% proof that everything is wrong with the MT4 tester!

We can not take into account the commission during testing (as well as the real spreads, slippage, requotes and other things).

There are special programs for testing in MT4, which take into account all the "real spreads, slippages, requotes and other niceties". If the robot is not a scalper with a close stop and a fast trawl, then EAs are quite well tested. If trades are opened and closed at opening and closing prices of a new bar, testing based on "checkpoints" is a quite correct reflection of dynamics of an EA's operation.

Let's start from the opposite direction

Do the manufacturers of toilet paper take a shit, or do they only profit from others?

Vladimir Baskakov:
The level of today's testers is 90% close to real trading, in "all ticks" mode. So I don't see the point in proving on real accounts. In a tester you can do monitoring in 10 years with no problem

The monitoring is more likely not to "prove" that the EA can work, although this is also true, because there were EAs in the Market top that traded differently in real life, not as in the tester, but to demonstrate the author's attitude to the work of his EA, the degree of trust. If the author himself does not trust his EA with his money, why would someone else try to use his own money and pay the price for it? I think it's just silly.

Mickey Moose:

Let's start from the opposite direction

Do the manufacturers of toilet paper take a shit or do they only profit from others?

It's more a question of culture and hygiene, you can shit and not use toilet paper))) and not using it does not automatically mean you have a dirty G.)

You also need to distinguish between the producers and developers of this paper, because if you don't use any of it yourself, the idea of developing it probably won't even cross your mind. )))

At the AvtoZaz plant, there was a case of the director long ago. They produced cars there, or rather not cars, but a parody, just at that time the Tavria was in production.

So, the plant manager was driving a Mercedes, but the plant did not produce the Mercedes) The director came and saw this picture, I do not know the details 100%, but he kind of changed it. You have to drive your own product.

A lot of product monitoring?

Vitaly Muzichenko:

At the AvtoZaz plant, there was a case of the director long ago. They produced cars there, or rather not cars, but a parody, just at that time the Tavria was in production.

So, the plant manager was driving a Mercedes, but the plant did not produce the Mercedes) The director came and saw this picture, I do not know the details 100%, but he kind of changed it. You have to drive your own product.

Not a fact.

The factory produces crutches, walkers, simulators for the disabled - does that mean the director has to use them ?

The director of a meat factory may well be a vegetarian, so why should he eat meat?

The same goes for the Tavria. The car itself was very normal for its time and niche. But, a car of a factory director is quite another niche ! No wonder that he would drive a completely different car brand !

Going back to programming - most highly skilled programmers are complete zeros in trading. They may well write an EA according to the TOR, but they won't use it simply because they don't need to.

Georgiy Merts:

That's not a fact.

The factory produces crutches, walkers, simulators for the disabled - does that mean that the director has to use them?

The director of a meatpacking plant may well be a vegetarian, so why should he eat meat?

So it is with the Tavria. The car itself was very normal for its time and its niche. But, a car of a factory director is quite another niche ! No wonder he would drive a completely different brand of car !

It is very surprising when the director of a Tide detergent factory will advertise Ariel detergent !