Question! Do the developers of robots (Expert Advisors) trade themselves? - page 12

Mickey Moose:

I have had a couple of robots that have shown about 11000% p.a. on eurodollar in the test.

No, I don't trade with them, I don't even play them on the demo, I'm too lazy. I don't trade them myself, I even did not play them in demo mode and I was too lazy.

)))) I think the conversation got quiet))).

But if we assume that this situation is real, then the only reason may be that "I wrote it myself", that is, you understand that there is no sense to put even on the demo, it works only in the tester))))

Vasiliy Kolesov:

)))) Yes, well, the conversation has gone quiet))))

But if we assume that this situation is real, then the only reason may be that "I wrote it myself", ie, understand that even a demo makes no sense, it works only in the tester))))

As if I do not need a profitable one

I am not a fan of trading either. I'm not a fan of trading either.
I want to do everything myself). Search for strategies, analyse them to adjust them to the story, trade automatically, control the strategies for the stability of earnings. And so on in a circle.
Ideally, the interface of interaction with the system should be at the level of one button "Start / Stop". Dream).

Aliaksandr Hryshyn:
I am not a fan of trading either. I do not like it!
I want to do everything myself). Search for strategies, analyse them to adjust them to the story, trade automatically, control the strategies for the stability of earnings. And so on in a circle.
Ideally, the interface of interaction with the system should be at the level of one "Start/Stop" button. Dream).
I support you, this is what is called EA in the truest sense

In fact, everyone's conclusions are very interesting.

From the conclusions I have drawn: 99% of the EAs on the market are rubbish.

If you do not know anything about trading (for example, if you do not know anything about trading))), then you may conclude that there are good traders who make robots according to trader's requests.

There are bad programmers who later sell bad robots and adjust their trading robots to the statistics.

There are semi-traders who are very interesting people and I will definitely meet them.

There are those who make 100500 robots a day and earn money on it, well this business everyone understands, just belong to the group of 98%.

Andrey Turbabin:

My conclusions are as follows: 99% of the EAs on the market are rubbish.

If you do not know anything about trading (for example, if you do not know anything about trading))), then you may conclude that there are good traders who make robots according to trader's requests.

There are bad programmers who later sell bad robots and adjust their trading robots to the statistics.

There are semi-traders who are very interesting people and I will definitely meet them.

There are those who make 100500 robots a day and earn money on it, well this business is understood by all and they are part of the 98% group.

If you want to estimate the profitability of your trading robot, you need to compare it with the real one and you'll get the same result if you want to estimate the profitability of your trading robot.

Andrey Turbabin:

From the conclusions I've drawn for myself: 99% of the rubbish on the market is made up of EAs.

You have tested it or are you just making conclusions? An EA is a tool and how you use it is up to you.

Andrey Turbabin:

You may ask the trader to program the robot, but they do not know anything about trading, that's why the robot sucks.

I used to program industrial controllers. May I tell you that the programmer does not have to know and does not know the entire technological process in production, the programmer only knows the hardware and software and writes the algorithm to the ToR - all and no more and no less. Based on your message, there are programmers for the nuclear power industry (I do not mean maintenance staff), there are programmers for bank terminals.... there are programmers for trading advisors.... - Alas, it does not happen, it is clear that previous experience means a lot to the programmer, but the customer must know their business (the process) and must give out the TOR with specifications and software testing program and support the development of software

Igor Makanu:

I used to program industrial controllers, let it be known to you that a programmer should not know and does not know the entire technological process in production, a programmer knows only the hardware and software, and writes the algorithm according to the specification - all and no more and no less. Based on your message, there are programmers for the nuclear power industry (I do not mean maintenance staff), there are programmers for bank terminals.... there are programmers for trading advisors.... - Alas, it does not happen, it is clear that previous experience means a lot to the programmer, but the customer must know his business (process) and must give out the terms of reference with specifications and test software and support the development of software

I agree with you. The programmer must have the skills and knowledge in the area for which he is programming, only if he writes his own terms of reference. I.e., if the programmer is the author of a trading system and wants to write an Expert Advisor for this system, he must understand something about trading. If the Expert Advisor is written to order according to the customer's requirements, the programmer does not need to trade.

Vitalii Ananev:

I agree with you. The programmer should have skills and knowledge in the field for which he programs only if he writes his own terms of reference. I.e., if the programmer is the author of a trading system and wants to write an Expert Advisor for this system, he must understand something about trading. If the Expert Advisor is written to order according to the customer's requirements, the programmer does not need to trade.

If the programmer has a good understanding of trading, he should not understand trading as you write, but to know the hardware and software, as I do, i.e., he should know the features of the trading platform and interaction with the server and trading environment...

This is basically the eternal problem, software customers are always waiting for a miracle, that programmers are both software developers, yes it happens, but it is usually the exception, and often for the worse - the programmer steals someone else's idea or some other claims

And on top of that: any serious software requires marketing, one person can not be a programmer and a developer and a marketer at the same time ... Imagine the head of Microsoft, who constantly writes code and develops software strategy, and still has time to deal with presentations and sales? )))))

SZZ: if you think that Macrosoft is a bad example, that it is a whole corporation, then let it be MT developers, but the principle is the same, that one person physically cannot find so much time and effort and knowledge to release a quality product

Andrey Turbabin:

There are good programmers who make robots at the trader's request, but they don't know shit about trading)))), hence the robots suck.

Why is it the proger's fault in this case and not the trader's?