Question! Do the developers of robots (Expert Advisors) trade themselves? - page 11

Vitaly Muzichenko:

It's very surprising when the director of the Tide detergent factory will advertise Ariel detergent!

Not advertising.

It's used. I don't think the director will even know that it is Ariel that his washerwoman uses.

In this case, the analogy is if the forum programmer writes one advisor and advertises, quite another one, which was written by another person. But, as it seems, such a thing is not observed...

Georgiy Merts:

Not to advertise.

But to use. I don't think the director will even know that it is Ariel that his laundress uses.

In this case, the analogy is if the forum programmer writes one advisor and advertises, quite another one, which was written by another person. But, as it seems, this is not observed...

The observation is different, there are 100 advisers, but they are not being traded, there is no question of "why?"

This is comparable to D.Armani appearing in public in rags from Mytishchi market. Is the product so bad that it has no credibility with the developer himself?

Georgiy Merts:

Not to advertise.

But to use. I don't think the director will even know that Ariel is the one using his laundry.

In this case, the analogy - if the programmer of the forum will write one Expert Advisor, and advertise, a completely different one, which was written by another person. But, as such is not observed ...

Again, there is a difference between "advertise" and "use". As you can see, there are a lot of good and various EAs, and if the developer uses in trading someone else's EAs, it's OK, not OK if he does not use his own.)

Although ... even if you advertise, if the EA is good (even if not yours), why not recommend it to good people?

Vitaly Muzichenko:

The other thing observed is that there are 100s of advisers, but they are not being traded, the question does not arise, "why?"

It's comparable to D. Armani appearing in public in clothes from Mytishchi market. Is the product so bad that it lacks credibility with the developer himself?

Well no.

It's comparable to Mr Tian Horn Dan wearing Armani, even though his factory produces a huge pile of cheap consumer goods.

You're confusing programmers with traders. The two roles are not necessarily in the same person at all.

The programmer sees that people need experts and agree to pay for them. The programmer gives them to the maximum number. The programmer is not interested in how these EAs work. He is interested in whether they are sold or not. And if they are sold, everything is OK.

Vasiliy Kolesov:

Again, there is a difference between 'advertise' and 'use'. There are many good and different EAs, and if the developer uses someone else's EAs in trading, it's ok, not ok if he does not use his).

The question is why there are so many good ones (even if they are not yours), why not recommend them to good people?

I don't know why they don't recommend them, but if they are good owls, why don't they recommend them to good people? Doesn't that tell you anything)?

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Who monitors signals closely, could observe the following picture: there is a signal with a hamster killer from a third-party developer, and the signal's author has his own robots in the market. This does not say anything)?

It indicates that the author is not a trader, but earns his living by "selling grails". And since he knows a bit about programming, he can not only signal someone else's Expert Advisor but also slightly modify the Expert Advisor of KodoBase and pass it off as his own.

Again - do not confuse a programmer and a trader. In this case the author of this signal is not a trader.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Who monitors signals closely, could observe the following picture: there is a signal with a hamster killer from a third-party developer, and the signal's author has his own robots in the market. This does not tell you anything)?

What does it say? He monitors his robots, monitors other people's ones, looking for the best ones to earn.... Creates portfolios again. Diversifying funds is called....

In my opinion, this proves that the author is more of a trader than a coder and he is trying, first of all, to earn from the market and not from selling grails. Moreover, he is testing trading Expert Advisors on his own money.

Or maybe you have a different opinion? What does it mean to you?

Georgiy Merts:

This shows that the author is not a trader, but earns his money by "selling Grails". And because he knows a bit about programming - he can not only signal somebody else's expert, but also slightly modify the Expert Advisor of KodoBase and pass it off as his own.

Again, you should not confuse the programmer and the trader. In this case, the author of this signal is not a trader.

I do not see any logic in your post)

There are plenty of robo-traders. But they work for themselves. Those programmers who work on commission earn more than traders.

I have had a couple of robots that have shown about 11000% p.a. on eurodollar in the test.

No, I don't trade with them, I don't even play them on the demo, I'm too lazy. They are lying on a flash drive somewhere.