Buy a profitable EA! - page 6

Georgiy Merts:

That's right.

So I've come to the conclusion that there can only be one "help" to a robot - install it in time and remove it from trade. That's all. No more help is required and, consequently, no more adjustments.

George, do you trade in real money? (just curious).

Maxim Kuznetsov:

2-3 a month is 25-40% a year ? what to do with it in forex ?

what kind of idiot would invest in it ?

They have no idea what to do with this. First, the depth of the market does not allow funds that own hundreds of millions or billions to take more out of the market.
Secondly, in general, more than 10% a month is the exit point. This is either a monkey (including the grid), or a huge drawdown or a divorce.
Any normal investor would be more than happy to invest in a trader giving 2-3% a month stably with low drawdown.

Generally, the more a person is in forex, the lower his expected rate of return. From fabulous 50%+ a month, which they are promised by Benders of all stripes
gradually descends to an adequate 3-7% per month.

Do you already own such a shovel? And if yes, do you not know how to use it or are you digging in the wrong place since you are still here and not in Hawaii?

If a gold rush has started and the gold is not there, you can still make a fortune selling shovels.

Реter Konow:

Again the ridiculous parsing on the subject of whether a grail can be created. Or at least a "half grail". Or at least a quarter of a grail.)

That's not the question, after all. The degradation of trading occurs through algorithotrading, which has opened the door to this business for complete profanities and lazybones. And they have become the buyers and dictate the demand. The developers obey their demand and reduce the level of the programs.

As a result, we will come to 5 Kb programs, because it is enough to win the championship.

Then there will be no need to sell programs. All that will be left is the signals. It is easier and cheaper for stupid customers.

This is the degradation in the field of trading.

Where is the "degradation"? It's development.

And the abundance of freeloaders - that's true everywhere where there is "easy" money.

The level of programs is a different matter, and does not relate to trading, but to the general trend of IT development. Unfortunately, it is cheaper to buy more powerful hardware, than to improve the efficiency of the program. As a result, a modern system that performs the same tasks as 20 years ago - sometimes performs them much slower, despite the fact that it is much more powerful. Yes, it is clear that a lot of additional actions are performed in the process, but are they really needed?

Work on efficiency and software optimisation is only being done in very narrow areas, such as video processing, where task volumes have grown along with capacity. And where the volume of tasks remains the same, everything is very sad. It's enough to compare the speed of text editors of mid 90's with modern ones. Since then, the power has increased by at least two orders of magnitude, while the lags and delays are still there.

Реter Konow:

George, do you trade live? (just curious).

Yes, I have a PAMM account from the beginning of 2016, but it, alas, is now in a slump... I started to trade in the TC League because I started to lose what I had earned on this account.

Olga Devitsyna:

Do you already own such a shovel? And if yes, do you not know how to use it or are you digging in the wrong place since you are still here and not in Hawaii?

I have a shovel, and not just one, but a bunch.

But I really haven't learned how to use it (them) yet. That's my main question - "which of the available shovels should I dig with now?" Here, one of these days I'll invite everyone to try their hand at the same question... Anyone will have any "shovel" (of the available ones) in the tester.

Here I have many variants of the "perpetual motion machine", some of them are bound to work ;)

In my experience, smart people who don't crave more than 10% a month = trade hands!

Of course they can get 100% a month under favourable conditions. But they don't have a thirst to earn $1000 from $30. They have a very responsible approach to trading.

I was surprised, but even Brazil trades with hands!

Those who expect 100% from a robot often invest their last money (taking loans, selling flats, borrowing money) and hope for one last chance to make a million.

But such users make gross errors: violating recommended trading conditions (minimum deposit and lot-to-deposit ratio) They want more and faster, but get the opposite.

I also made the same mistake last summer. I earned more than 150% over 2 years from a large deposit and wanted to get more profits even faster (100% per month, not over 2 years), and this mistake has cost me a lot of money (by my standards). The only thing that saved me from a nervous breakdown was the fact that I withdrew 100% and the initial deposit within 2 years. But I lost the other 50% of my initial balance.

In the end I was left with only 100% and it was very frustrating when I lost the amount I could have spent in a couple of days.

The user who came to forex and craves for millions (I have many friends who believe that trading and programming is a gold mine and often ask to be taught and if I explain to them that it takes a long time to learn they get offended and turn away) is left with nothing.

A user who embraces real life and takes a responsible approach to it, continues to earn and learn from his mistakes.

After all, it is true: A robot that earned yesterday cannot guarantee a profit today. But there is a stoploss to limit losses.

It's a pity that not everyone accepts the stoploss as a lifeline, thrown out in time by the lifeguards. Not a paddle to be hit on the head with.

Olga Devitsyna:
I have a lot of variants of "perpetual motion", one of them will work ;)

The big difference is that my 'shovels' are in constant operation, not a project. And you can see which one is working at the moment. Moreover, I am not hiding the principles of work, nor the investment password to the shared "spade" account. Soon the access through Shared Projects will be open, and the system there is extremely simple, due to encapsulation of the entire functionality, and the use of a simple interface for handling the main events - OnInit(), OnTick() and OnDeinit(). The Expert Advisor fits into a hundred lines (and that's with comments, and with my "broad" writing style).

All this is just to prevent users from asking "how to improve the shovel" and concentrate their thoughts on the question "how to choose a shovel out of the available ones".

And about "perpetual motion" - so I've said more than once, ANY TS has periods of gain and loss, moreover, periods of loss are LONGER.