Services. Are they up and running yet? - page 9

The question is, can two-way communication be organised between the services and the advisor via resources?

If so, it is definitely a useful and useful thing!

These are the benefits of "Services", "not even in a Maybach"

Реter Konow:

+ (only without Sharp).

You cannot "extend the GUI" of the Terminal without the DLL.

fxsaber:

If you're wondering why the developers bothered, you've read the answer before.

I limited myself to just a few examples.

I just wrote what kind of services as feeds would be 100% justified, the rest is just to indulge

fxsaber:

You cannot "extend the GUI" of the Terminal without a DLL.

Man, OpChartEvent() doesn't work there! Forgot.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

I just wrote about how services as feeds would be 100% justified, the rest is just for fun.

You are suggesting that the terminal should be completely decoupled from the platform (trade server and so on).

I.e. throw out all the huge infrastructure, leaving only the terminal. Brokers will not need to buy MT5, it will be enough to give the necessary Service from their side.

It would be great ifOptChartEvent() could be added to the service at will. Like a timer function in Expert Advisors. Turn it on when you want.

fxsaber:

You are suggesting that the terminal should be completely decoupled from the platform (trade server and beyond).

I.e. throw out all the huge infrastructure, leaving only the terminal. Brokers will not need to buy an MT5, it will be enough to give them the necessary Service.

the client terminal is the server, not the terminal

You can connect to any mt5 accounts as it is, only you cannot connect at the same time. I have never had an MT4 multiterminal before, they just rejected it for some reason.

you do not need to unbind or throw anything away.

As an option: there is no glass in the forex market, you can connect an exchange account through the service and have the glass and the tape, and trade in the brokerage house.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

As an alternative use: there is no market maker on the forex market, you can connect an exchange account through the service and have a maker and a feed, and trade in the brokerage company.

What for? You have a bare terminal, connect it to any exchange through the service and it is ready! You do not need any platform. Exchanges do not bother with terminals.

MQ sees their product being used in circumvention.

The use of Services may be a useful convenience or provide new opportunities. It is difficult to say at the moment. However, two-way communication with the EA is necessary. It is up to the developer to establish such a connection, and then everyone must think about how to implement it. In general, it turns out that Services is not for nerds.