Services. Are they up and running yet? - page 4

Please don't divert the topic from the main "Services" line. This is not the place to talk about compilers.

Vladislav Andruschenko:

There is only one compiler, isn't there?

I haven't seen any glitches.

It's just that when you name a file with an extension, the version is automatically switched as well.

Maybe you are talking about different functionality of the languages?

I opened MetaEditor 5/4 and in them I mistakenly found this difference in the plug-in files. Maybe somewhere else, something may have been missed. Such a human factor is quite possible.

Renat Fatkhullin:

The services work all the time, communicating with the terminal through a special task queue. We will disclose the tasks later.

Services are not experts or handlers of chart/timer/price events. Event models are not necessary for continuous processes, the essence of which are never interrupted and do not depend on accounts/servers.

We intentionally distribute the services functionally far from the Expert Advisors, so that people don't create Frankenshines. Services have their own area of application.

It turns out that creating a custom symbol would be a challenge if no tick skips are required. It seems that the original nature of the emergence of Services was to be tied primarily to their feeders. And here it turns out that there is no functionality against tick skips. Anyway, waiting for a full description of what the beast is.

ZZY Multisymbol EAs are still in the form of iCustom indicators + CustomChartEvent.

Konstantin Nikitin:

I opened MetaEditor 5/4 and in them I mistakenly found this difference in the plug-in files. Maybe somewhere else, something may have been missed. Such a human factor is quite possible.

The compiler of the two languages is the same, but the functionality and features of the languages are different.

Renat Fatkhullin:
The compiler of the two languages is the same, but the functionality and features of the languages are different.

Yes, it is clear that the capabilities of the languages are different. I said from the beginning that it is better to compile the versions in your MetaEditor. They already take into account the differences that may occur.

Konstantin Nikitin:

Yes, it is clear that the capabilities of the languages are different. I said from the beginning that it is better to compile the versions in your MetaEditor. They already take into account the differences that may occur.

The compiler/editor for both languages is 100% the same. It cannot compile differently.

Since the compiler is based on the MQL5 language, the continuous improvement of the code checking process will also affect the MQL4 level. More errors are caught.

Seems like a promising addition, not at all clear yet )

Renat Fatkhullin:

The services run continuously, communicating with the terminal via a special task queue. We will disclose the tasks later.

Services are not experts or handlers of chart/timer/price events. Event models are not necessary for continuous processes, the point of which is never to interrupt and not to depend on accounts/servers.

We intentionally separate the services functionally far from the Expert Advisors, so that people wouldn't create Frankenshines. Services have their own area of application.

Will it be possible to run services from an EA?

Good afternoon, this is my first post in Cyrillic :)

How will the link between the EA and the service be established?

Will it be a shared resource created by the service and used by the expert?

Renat Fatkhullin:
Am I correct in assuming that the graphical capabilities of the services are zero?
Or is this still a temporary phenomenon?