The St Petersburg phenomenon. The paradoxes of probability theory. - page 19

Aleksey Nikolayev:

A simple model for a buy and hold system on SB in R:

results with multiple runs:

Not sure if you can see anything other than what probability theory predicts here (regardless of the level of knowledge and observation)

Can you elaborate?

Aleksey Nikolayev:

The position created by any system is a piecewise constant function of time. On each such piece, the capital increment equals the product of the constant (volume) by the price increment. Therefore the expectation of capital gain is equal to the product of this constant by the expectation of price gain, which is zero for SB without a trend.

Of course, in the general case it is much more complicated, since we are talking about conditional expectation of increment, but for SB (by definition) it is the same as the conventional one.

Kudos to you for trying to put some knowledge into this collection of aggressive dilettantes)

Олег avtomat:

2) Please give me a link to this strict mathematical fact

_o0O:

A strong statement. Strong enough to create a fact of the statement itself to create a need to provide proofs.

It is interesting to see the brave theorist who was able to describe in general terms the mataparatum of "any trading system", confirming private cases as well, without exceptions.

You don't even need any proof here. SB does not contain a pattern by definition. Therefore any derivative of SB (equity) will also not contain a pattern.

secret:

You don't even need any proof here. SB does not contain a pattern by definition. Therefore any derivative of SB (equity) will not contain a pattern.

This is wrong in principle.
It will, but it is always different.

Novaja:

Can you be more specific?

Clarify the question, because I don't understand what exactly needs clarification there.

Yuriy Asaulenko:
It's fundamentally wrong.
There will be, but it's always different.

This is a masterpiece of thought! For the annals of the forum.

Aleksey Nikolayev:

A simple model for a buy and hold system on SB in R:

results with multiple runs:

I'm not sure you can see anything other than what probability theory predicts here (regardless of the level of knowledge and observation)

Do you really think "this" is evidence???

Is "this" really a trading system???

However, now I see why you persist: you don't have a trading system.

secret:

You don't even need any proof here. SB does not contain a pattern by definition. Therefore any derivative of SB (equity) will not contain a pattern.

Here's a prime example: the statement ofan aggressive layman.

I suggested you to conduct a similar experiment a long time ago, but you didn't do it, you prefer to stay within your own corridor. And there are patterns in any SB, but you can't see them without doing the experiment. Similarly, you can't see patterns in a price range if you don't have that price range.

Dmitry Fedoseev:

This is a masterpiece of thought! For the annals of the forum.

I don't see the point in explaining anything to you specifically.

Олег avtomat:

Here is a prime example: the statement ofan aggressive layman.

I suggested you to do a similar experiment a long time ago, but you didn't do it, you prefer to stay within your own corridor. And there are patterns in any SB, but you can't see them without doing the experiment. Similarly, you can't see the patterns of a price range if you don't have that price range.

And tell me, what would be the pattern of a series obtained by flipping a coin? Heads +1, tails -1... etc. How many geese can you herd?