ATC without timeframe(TF) - page 4

Vladimir:

There are only seven degrees of freedom in 28 courses, which is a great place for people who have a good idea of a four-dimensional projection of a six-dimensional cube, like Bartini. Seven-dimensional vectors of principal components of increments can be analysed.

What are we talking about, what freedom?

Igor Yeremenko:

what are we talking about, what freedom?

The 28 exchange rate numbers of the 8 currencies relative to each other are rigidly linked by cross equations of the form EURGBP = EURUSD/GBPUSD, EURCHF = EURUSD/CHFUSD (here CHFUSD=1/USDCHF),... They are not independent variables. There are only 7 independent variables.

I'd like to make a small contribution. Specifically on the subject. There are a lot of opinions about whether or not the TF can be dispensed with in PBX operation. I think you can. It all starts with the ticks. If you have to look for the origins, it is in the ticks. I agree that it's hard to see anything in them. And even when everyone tells you there's nothing there, that's no reason to give up. It took me a year or more to see something and most importantly, to explain it to myself. And as I have seen, it is useless to tell anyone about my findings. For others they are hieroglyphs, because it's only in your mind, in your right hemisphere. And people tend to immediately dismiss what they do not understand. The finer the details, the more difficult it is to see. And you need patience for that, not everybody has it. That's how it is)

Andrey Gladyshev:
I'll make a small contribution. Specifically on the subject. There are a lot of opinions about whether TFs may or may not be required for ATS operation. I think it is possible. Everything starts with ticks. If you have to look for the origins, it is in the ticks. I agree that it's hard to see anything in them. And even when everyone tells you there's nothing there, that's no reason to give up. It took me a year or more to see something and most importantly, to explain it to myself. And as I have seen, it is useless to tell anyone about my findings. For others they are hieroglyphs, because it's only in your mind, in your right hemisphere. And people tend to immediately dismiss what they do not understand. The finer the details, the more difficult it is to see. And you need patience for that, not everybody has it. That's how it is)

Do you work on ticks by hand? I thought that was purely for robots.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Do you work on ticks by hand? I thought it was purely for robots.

Different views on the tick, different approaches. I agree, you need a robot to do everything in time. At least for analysis. And it depends on the instrument. You can't do without a robot in some super-volatile one.

Andrey Gladyshev:

Different views on the ticker, different approaches. I agree, you need a robot to do everything in time. At least for analysis. And it depends on the instrument. I do not need a robot for some highly volatile instrument.

I just have a tick scalper but it uses a lot of mathematics. I am interested in what kind of profit ticks may bring in manual trading.

You can do it without candlesticks. You can use ticks, you can use bar close prices, you can just use random time stamps. But people are guided by the clock and this has a deep imprint on the entire price.

But there is one BUT - timeframe is a scaling, different depth of analysis. And the price behaves differently from each other, the bars / candlesticks allow us to notice it. "The gut of the day" moves with all the known events of the opening/closing of the trading sessions and the transition of the day with a clear timetable. The tamframes above - the moving events are more chaotic. If we look closely at the ticks, the "rhythm" is given by H4 (not because it is magic, but it is where the lower ones converge and meets timetables).

That is, one and the same Expert Advisor must be separately adapted (even partially change the algorithm, not so much the constants) to intraday trading and to the average holding period of 3-4 days.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

I just have a tick scalper but it uses a lot of maths. I started to wonder what kind of crawl ticks can bring when trading manually.

Some arithmetic does apply, but without the complicated calculations.

Maxim Kuznetsov:

You may do it without candlesticks. You can do it by ticks, you can do it by bar closing prices, you can do it by random time stamps. But people orientate by hours, and this has a deep imprint on the entire price.

But there is one BUT - timeframe is a scaling, different depth of analysis. And the price behaves differently from each other, the bars / candlesticks allow us to notice it. "The gut of the day" moves with all the known events of the opening/closing of the stock sessions and the transition of the day with a clear timetable. The tamframes above - the moving events are more chaotic. If we look closely at the ticks, the "rhythm" is given by H4 (not because it is magic, but it is where the lower ones converge and meets timetables).

That is, one and the same Expert Advisor must be separately adapted (even partially change the algorithm, not so much the constants) to intraday trading and to the average holding period of 3-4 days.

I would argue about ticks and H4. Those back and forth movements of a few ticks are subject to different laws. My personal opinion

Or rather not an opinion, but an observation...