Trend-tracking trading systems - page 15

Renat Akhtyamov:

Ok.

Name an MQL function that would reflect purchase volumes?

MQL has a standard function iVolume(), defined as "number of price changes", but that's not enough. It is also desirable to have variables for "total amount of buys and sales during a Trend and a Trade", "single and total amount of buys and sales", Balance and Imbalance of basic operations, and use them to determine the Moments of reversals that may occur.

aleger:

MQL has a standard function iVolume(), defined as "number of price changes", but this is not enough. It is also desirable to have variables for "total amount of purchases and sales during a trend and a trade", "single and total amount of purchases and sales", the Balance and Imbalance of main operations, and through them to determine the coming Moments of reversals.

This is known.

But you wrote in the post above that there is an Expert Advisor function that allows you to see the amount of buying and selling.

Can you describe the calculation principle in 2 words?

Renat Akhtyamov:

This is known.

But you wrote in the post above that there are EA functions that allow you to see the volume of sales and purchases.

Okay. To make a long story short, it looks like this in points and integers: (for Purchases and mirrored for Sales)

if(tvT) { if (slCltB>prCltB) {tkVB=(slCltB-prCltB)/POINT; kB++; vB+=tkVB

where

bool tvT - sign of the current uptrend/downtrend;

double slCltB - next Close price of the current Bar, prCltB - previous Close price of the current Bar;

int tkVB - volume of the next Buy, points;

int kB - number of Purchases from the beginning of the Trend; int int Kb - total volume of the next purchase, pips. Purchases from the beginning of the Trend;

int vB - total volume of Purchases from the beginning of the Trend, pips;

etc.

Renat Akhtyamov:

This is known.

But you wrote in the post above that there are EA functions that allow you to see the volume of sales and purchases.

I apologise for the long pause. I don't feel sorry, and I want to, and I'm bent, and... ...but my mother won't let me! In these times you should not reveal your "know-how" prematurely and to nobody knows whom.

Quite a lot has been said in previous comments, but there's still one little niggle I'd like to work out with someone else.

aleger:

I apologise for the long pause. I don't feel sorry, and I want to, and I am itching to, and... ...and my mother won't let me! In these times you should not reveal your "know-how" prematurely and to nobody knows whom.

A lot has been said in previous comments, but there's one little niggle I'd like to bring to fruition with someone else.

the idea of this know-how has been tramped all over the forex market

there are no rich people along the way

Renat Akhtyamov:

the idea of this know-how is tramped all over the forex market

Sadly, there are no rich ones along the way.

There don't seem to be any smart developers either. Or rather, they are looking for the right thing in the wrong place or in the wrong way!

Or, they are not interested in you...

Алексей Тарабанов:
Or, they're not interested in you...

It's quite possible. And they don't know, and there's no interest. And they won't get anything super-duper .

aleger:

That's for sure!

And anyway, we're getting away from our main topic - Trend-tracking trading systems,

which in my opinion are the ones that allow you to correctly identify and really get

ever-changing returns on forex collateral. So let us, without prejudice to

interests, let us together try to determine and solve, at least in general terms, this problem

This problem at least for ourselves and our friends.

I have read almost all threads and made some conclusions:

1. There is no clear-cut notion of TREND;

2. There are no criteria to determine the beginning and the end of a trend in time;

3. A global trend contains mini-trends and micro-trends in the opposite direction and/or in the tail direction, sometimes turning into a global trend, as well as flat areas.

The question arises: Why follow such a tangle of uncertainties, relying on luck in the process of guessing these complex market phases? Well, then, we need to offer an alternative to trend-tracking TSs. As an alternative, I propose to replace the notion of trend-tracking TS with TS which follow the fulfillment of a pattern identified within some period N in the general mass of historical data of the period M, and the trends are considered as the market's desire to return to these patterns. For example, I have chosen as period M the last 5 years in the history of the instrument, and I define period N from sample M by optimization. Each new bar updates the sample M, and the stability or significant/insignificant change of N indicates the changes/stability of the market character. We are not given any other way. Suggest options for finding global patterns. I have found and proposed 3 variants of global pattern which are known to all and discussed in respective threads:

1. Universal regression model - finds the best mathematical model of change in a numerical series consisting of values of the current price. Disadvantage - there is no connection to the logic of the market, it cannot take into account that, the raw data relates specifically to the market. There is nothing market-related about these numbers - there is only the Dow's assumption that, market price takes everything into account. Apparently, this is not enough to adequately describe the market, judging by the practical testing of the URM on actual data. Or rather, it describes a market with low efficiency, comparable and commensurate with bank returns. or a little better, of the invested funds, if you completely exclude the possibility of losing the deposit. The risky variants of the URM lead to variable success, therefore, are not worthy of attention.

2. market theory is an attempt to apply all known types of market for goods and services, including a competitive market of all varieties from wholesale to an exceptionally perfect market, based on a continuous analysis/estimation of supply and demand, as well as estimates of the virtual market volume of a particular good with 17 varieties of prices, both real and virtual, to the financial markets. Again, only a rigorous evaluation of these real market parameters makes it possible to accurately describe the entrepreneur's profit under market conditions in accordance with the traditional way of defining it as the difference between income and all kinds of expenses. Hence the disadvantage of applying market theory to financial markets - the impossibility of estimating all 17 types of price and virtual market volume. Estimating them roughly leads to a reduction in the efficiency of market theory application, again, comparable to bank returns.

3. the continuous accounting of the relative strength of buyers and sellers, the so-called Bulls and Bears - here I see a breakthrough of the theory in solving the problem of financial markets with limited information about the state of the market itself in the differential domain. Read the relevant thread about the differential indicator.

Yousufkhodja Sultonov:

I've read almost the entire thread and have drawn some conclusions:

1. There is no clear concept of TREND;

2. There are no criteria that can be used to determine the beginning and end of a trend in a timely manner;

3. A global trend contains mini-trends and micro-trends in the opposite direction and/or in the tail direction, sometimes transforming into a global trend, as well as flat areas.

The question arises: ...

Theoretical studies in our work are certainly useful, and they should be attached more closely to the most urgent needs. There is no clear concept of TREND, no criteria and models - no problem to create, describe, define, etc.

The bad thing is that all this is being done in an unorganised, scattered, secretive way. Individualism may be a good thing, but it seems to be time to unite in some ways.