MT5 terminal updated today and the "Optimisation" window does not show up during the test - page 15

Slava:

We have adopted a compromise solution: we show the tab of optimization results, but we update it only when we go to this tab. That is, while you look at the results in the tab, new results do not appear, for example, if you go to the testing log, return to the optimization tab, when you return to the optimization tab, the data on the passes already made will be updated.

A build 1834 dated 30 May has been published on MetaQuotes-Demo.

Now you can select results of previous optimizations in the optimization tab, if there are actual optimization caches. You can view the results of past optimizations, you can change the optimization criterion (in the optimization tab) and view new figures and graphs. You can also continue the optimization which was not completed before.

Bravo!

Is there still an error with optimization cache not saving or is it fixed ? Optimization will now continue when stopped from the same place where it was interrupted (if cache is available) ?

Georgiy Merts:

Bravo !

Is the error with not saving the optimization cache still there, or has it been fixed already ? Optimization will now continue when stopped from the same place where it was interrupted (if cache is present) ?

The optimisation caching is completely rewritten. You should therefore check it out.

Total optimization continues from the interrupted location.

Genetic optimization always starts again. But in this case optimization tab shows all results from previous optimizations (on graph too)

Slava:

The optimisation caching has been completely rewritten. Therefore, it must be checked.

Total optimization continues from the interrupted place.

Genetic optimization always starts all over again. But the optimization tab shows all results of previous optimizations (on the chart too)

So, with genetic optimization - you can't look at the current result, it starts all over again ? Eh... Oh well...

Hopefully at least saving XML files in batch mode is fixed.

Georgiy Merts:

Hopefully at least saving XML files in batch mode has been fixed.

Fixed

Georgiy Merts:

So, with genetic optimisation - you can't see the current result, it will start all over again ? Eh... OK, well...

What is "you can't see the current result"?

Why is there no information on updates? Last update was 1755
Что нового в MetaTrader 5?
Что нового в MetaTrader 5?
  • www.metatrader5.com
MetaTrader 5 build 1755 Terminal Исправлена ошибка, из-за которой терминал и MetaEditor блокировали выключение и перезагрузку Windows. Исправлено выставление отступа графика при применении шаблона. MQL5 Исправлены ошибки, приводившие к замедлению компиляции в некоторых условиях. Исправления по крешлогам. MetaTrader 5 build 1745 MetaTrader 5...

Georgiy Merts:

So, with genetic optimisation - you can't see the current result, it will start all over again ? Eh... Oh well...

It's written in plain English:

Slava:

We've made a compromise: We show the tab of optimization results, but we refresh it only when you go to this tab. That is, while you look at the results in the tab, new results do not appear, went, say, in the test log, returned to the optimization tab, when you return to the optimization tab, data on the already made passes will be updated.

Slava:

What is "can't see the current result"?

I'll have a look today.

The point I was making is that in the last build - you couldn't stop genetic optimisation. Because after continuation - everything started all over again. As I understood it precisely because the testing cache was not saved. That is, if on the tenth generation I stopped the optimization and looked at the current result, at resuming it the generations were taken not from the tenth but from the very first. Previously - when interrupting - only the tenth generation was started again, the other nine - were taken the ones that were already there.

Yes, if genetic optimization is interrupted - all computed generations disappear and everything starts from the beginning. But, for me, it is not the most important thing.

Most of all I am thankful for fixing saving XML files in batch mode. This is a really useful thing, when you leave overnight batch optimization.

Thank you.

@Slava

When will the enum be deployed back to the instuments? I thought they were going to fix it...

Slava:

We have adopted a compromise solution: we show the tab of optimization results, but we update it only when we go to this tab. That is, while you look at the results in the tab, new results do not appear, for example, if you go to the test log, return to the optimization tab, when you return to the optimization tab, the data on the passes already made will be updated.

A build 1834 dated 30 May has been published on MetaQuotes-Demo.

Now you can select results of previous optimizations in the optimization tab, if there are actual optimization caches. You can view the results of past optimizations, change the optimization criterion (in the optimization tab) and see new figures and graphs.

Well done!