abandonment of mt4 - page 6

Nikolay Demko:

For 5 years I have been doing all my research only in MT5. It's easier and more convenient to write in mql5, it has a lot of features, although mql4 was recently brought up to mql5 level.

Then when TS is ready I translate my code in mql4, it is a lot of troubles, even if languages are similar.

I should do so because of more competitive conditions at the brokers with MT4. The broker with MT5, which I would have liked, is a dime a dozen, but with MT4 there is more than enough.

So for the real trade I have to choose MT4.

If the 4 will play in a box I will only sigh of relief.

Why don't we write multiplatform code? It's easier that way.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Multi-platform code is a total brain teaser. It's impossible to find a bug in it.

It's been 15 years since I've written a crossing. I gave it up back in MT2. If you write something more complicated, you will sink in multiplatform code.

You have to write in one language and then port it. Keeping both variants in mind during development is a loss of brain.

You have to keep both of them in mind when developing in one language.

HZZ I just sketched out the calculations on the scripts, everything works, started overwriting in the flow calculation, with the addition of data, and blew my brains out. The code is cascading. Try doing this with differently numbered arrays and different function calls, and with different structure fields. You'll go crazy.

Nikolay Demko:

Multi-platform code is brain-dead. It's unrealistic to find a bug in it.

I haven't written a waving cross for about 15 years now. I gave it up back in MT2. If you write something more complicated, you will sink in multiplatform code.

You have to write in one language and then port it. Keeping both variants in mind during development is a loss of brain.

It (the brain) is worn out even with development in one language.

You would think that multiplatform support means developing in MQL5 and some Lisp languages)). All you need is to create a set of multiplatform functions or classes for trading, access to timeseries, etc. Much easier, than to multiply two copies of the same code by 80%.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

It is simpler, but it will take 5 times more time to debug, and it is not rubbery.

Plus many functions with unclear sequence and number of variables.

In 4 they have the same variable order, while in 5 they have the same variables but in a different order.

Take and compare ArraySort in 4 and 5.

In 4 we pass 4 values into the function in , 5 is one.

There is a difference. Every time we have to look in the help.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

You would think that multiplatform is a direct development in MQL5 and some Lisp)). All you need is to make a set of multiplatform functions or classes for trading, access to timeseries, etc. Much easier than making two copies of the same 80% code.

Why - you can also work with lists in MOL5

Evgeny Belyaev:

The wait is short.

There are plenty of people here who make predictions all the time. If the MT4 divestment process has gone 5% of the way in 9 years, in how many years will it get to 100%?

Vladimir:

There are plenty of people here who make predictions all the time. If the MT4 abandonment process has gone 5% of the way in 9 years, in how many years will it get to 100%?

In a month.

Vladimir:

There are a lot of people here who make predictions all the time. If the MT4 rejection process has gone 5% of the way in 9 years, how many years before it reaches 100%?

In a year, two at the most. Let me tell you a secret MQ has never been a customer oriented company.

There is no point in maintaining 2 terminals. Expensive and inefficient.

MT4 is not updated.

+ The bugs that are associated with sales are not fixed for half a year, and the service desk gives you a simple indemnity.

I have more arguments. I will not post them.

Алексей Тарабанов:

In a month.

In a day, if there is no alternative.

Алексей Тарабанов:

For the month.

I like this forecast the best. It is well thought out and stable, with stability. In November, a month in advance, and in March, a month in advance. Asked in May, the forecast is the same.