Talking about the PLO in the lounge - page 2

Aleksey Ivanov:

So you're from St. Petersburg. How is the physics and mathematics building in the village Temyashkino still standing? By the way, replictoids, who do you think it is - all of us who make lines on the forums or do you call so reptiloids?

I went to Bonche, I haven't been to Temyashkino for a long time, I'm not aware of it.

We are not discussing replictoids, or they will come at night and program everyone to NULL pointers

Alexey Volchanskiy:

ZS, gone for 20 minutes, then I'll continue. What should I write about in general, what do you think? I have some thoughts, I'd like to hear yours.

About women... No?

ZS. Went to bed. I'll come back and get my hatchet...

Artyom Trishkin:

About chicks... No?

ZS. Gone to bed. I'll come back and get my hatchet...

Why write about them, you have to dance about them.)

While the snacks are being prepared, I'll make up my vision of the rules of the thread.

1. This thread isn't about discussing the necessity/necessity of OOP, but its real use. Create your own, and start your own hysterics.
  2. Do not hesitate to write, even at the most basic level, most importantly, on the topic of the branch. Please do not ask stupid questions like how to fix the Expert Advisor, the corresponding threads are full for that.
  3. You can poke around the "horrible black box" called Standard Library. Make sure that terrors and night terrors have at all times been born of ignorance.
  4. Suggest your own rules points, I'll summarise and post them.

A little more for today.

Starting with CObject, I wanted to show why we need this empty class at all, which in its pure form is useless for anything.

Oops, now it's possible to make shared projects for everyone! Somehow it suddenly struck me how useful this could be.

Works strangely, when trying to compile for some reason created a new file for me, after writing compiled the project, it's empty. But at the same time it opened staircase windows of projects I was working on during the day, they are not in Shared& they are in the old Project folder.

Gotta go to bed, I'll figure it out tomorrow. Either I'm doing it wrong or the feature is raw, I'll find out in the morning.

See you tomorrow!

Bit of an off-topic, just had a page open on the second monitor, I remembered. I thought today, what's so hard about OOP. But I had to fix html, and I never remembered all these ga**o tags, it took me 15 minutes to find and remember how to put the unfortunate space ))))).

I think, maybe I'm wrong, I understand OOP automatically and expect the same from others? But then I found an excuse - I'm always willing to learn instead of whining. About 10 years ago I made a decision - all my troubles and successes depend on me alone. Life became easier and more productive.

And this is the tag ))))))))))

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Maybe the OOP was really invented by evil replictoids with the help of Bjorn Straustrup, a traitor to humanity?

Let's consider a class, because it is quite small. As you can see, it has 4 virtual functions, which, as it should be in the parent class, do nothing.

The OOP was invented strictly for entertainment purposes only and to make programmers feel less bored and live their lives in the same way. At the same time, OOP developers form a special sect of believers in their progressiveness, it raises personal self-esteem and is useful in some clinical cases.

As for the real practical application - it does not and never was, for no one ever pretended from the beginning. :)

Andrei:

OOP was invented to entertain programmers and to make their life easier. At the same time OOP developers form a special sect believing in their progressiveness, it raises personal self-esteem and is useful in some clinical cases.

As for the real practical application - it does not and never was, for no one ever pretended from the beginning. :)

On the subject of OOP, your opinion is clear. But what about functionally? Haskell, Python, R, F#?

Vasiliy Sokolov:

On the subject of OOP, your opinion is clear. But what about functionally? Haskell, Python, R, F#?

Uh python and R aren't functional. F# supports OOP. What's the point of this comment?

Комбинатор:
Eh python and R are not functional PLs.

No way!

Combinator:
and F# supports OOP.

The logic is clear, since OOP means not functional... facepalm......

Vasiliy Sokolov:

But what do you say about functionally? Haskell, Python, R, F#?

This functionality is imaginary, designed for the gullible. All possible functions can be realized within the framework of traditional languages. It's just a wish to replace syntax shortening with functionality which actually only hides real implementation of the algorithm, which is harmful both to the programmer and tools of code optimization for different computing architectures...