MT5 is for programmers, not traders - page 9

fxsaber:

I agree, the SB trading (at least) part is extremely unfortunate and only started watching it after learning MQL5. Learning MQL5 from it is one of the main demotivators. However, SB is forcibly injected in both documentation and kodobase and on the forum.

I was just talking about trading SB and the fact that it's being pushed everywhere and at all levels is a strategic mistake by MK and one of the reasons for the poor understanding of mql5 by those who have not without difficulty mastered mql4

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

two points:

1. 1. The mqh alone will not provide a "clean" transition - at least the indicator call should be corrected.

2. The way I see it, if the standard library was less prevalent on the forum, the understanding of mql5 would be easier and faster.

I actually don't understand how one can say "there is nothing complicated in mastering mql5", if at the same time, in every corner and from different belfries, the standard library is being hammered into the masses -- tons of examples in KB with errors, with questionable code - but with the proud look and words "the standard library only, as a matter of principle".

how can anyone explain, explain and convey anything at all on a "black box".

And why is SB a black box, all the source code is there. I don't even look at Hel with its description, it's quicker and more informative to dive into .mqh and see what's done and how it's done. And everything is done simply, even primitively, you just need to know a little bit about OOP.

fxsaber:

By the word in quotes I meant MQL4-simplicity when writing MT5-programs or rewriting them. Of course, MQ4 -> MQ5 will not work through copy-paste. I think simplicity has been discussed. It's technically achievable for a long time, but for some reason it's not being implemented.

I agree, SB trading part (at least) is extremely unfortunate and I started looking into it only after having studied MQL5. Learning MQL5 from it is one of the main demotivators. However, SB is forcibly injected in documentation and kodobase and forum.

Where in the handbook is the SB being forced into it? Please show me.
In the help it's all on topic, too. Or am I missing something somewhere. If so, the help should be changed. Everything should be strictly by sections.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

And why is SB a black box, all the sources are there. I don't even look at Hel with its description, it's faster and more informative to dive into .mqh and see what's done and how it's done. And it's done simply, even primitively, you just need to know a little bit about OOP.

This topic is dedicated to the question -- why is it so hard to move to mql5 for those who were able to master mql4.

my opinion -- one reason -- the selling of sb -- another reason -- the "OOP is easy" talk -- while you don't need to know and understand OOP to write an mql5 program.

There are terminal users like "non-professional programmers" -- and for them, OOP and anything beyond the simplest programming combinations is already complicated.

And they don't understand why in mql4 they were able to fix Expert Advisors and indicators with conditional difficulties, but in mql5 they don't understand it at all.

Andrey F. Zelinsky:
I was only talking about trading SB -- and the fact that it is being pushed everywhere and at all levels -- is a strategic mistake by MK and one of the reasons for the poor understanding of mql5 by those who have not without difficulty mastered mql4
And where are MetaQuotes forcibly pushing trading SB?

Andrey F. Zelinsky:
I was just talking about the trade secret and it's being pushed to all levels and everywhere. That's a strategic mistake by MQ and one of the reasons why mql5 is poorly understood by those who have not without difficulties mastered mql4

Zielinski, don't embarrass yourself! Before you talk about SB, at least raise your level to average. MQ consultants, my ass!

Artyom Trishkin:
And where are MetaQuotes forcibly pushing trading SB?

I meant the endless stream of examples on the forum and in the codebase from Karputov's "pen" (his EAs on SB are about 10% of all codes there already).

Vasiliy Sokolov:

SB is a quiet nightmare

Комбинатор:

SB is a silent horror

Not all of it ;)

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

I meant the endless stream of examples on the forum and in the codebase from Karputov's "pen" (there his advisors on SB are about 10% of all codes).

So you have to be specific. What does the MC have to do with it?
Or give your own, in spite of his example. Without dust and noise (c). There will be a comparison.