MT5 is for programmers, not traders - page 15

fxsaber:

Is iBarShift in demand? Where is it in the SB?

By the way, yes. In CiTime class - it would be handy. I've just faced the need to write its analogue on MT5 myself (I translate indicator code from MT4)

Artyom Trishkin:

I'm writing something similar. Will be in the public domain soon. But gradually. Step by step.

The developers will roll out their solution on this topic as well. The timing is not clear. Like, an insider.

fxsaber:

Is iBarShift in demand? Where is it in the SB?

A similar interface for writing indicators and TS is in demand?

MQL4-simplicity has proven its competence, where is it in SB? Nothing technically prevents it from being implemented in SB.

Your codians are always helpful to many who are not too lazy to find them. But there are more people here with a pretension to chat about how hard things are, rather than finding and using them. Of course not everything is out there. But the resource already has everything.

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

That is, a beginner should understand what he writes and how it works.

A beginner has to learn a language -- and you suggest that he should learn SB.

I'm afraid it's impossible to learn a language without learning basic methods (including SB).

How do you propose to learn a language without knowing anything about the file system, mouse or keyboard input, or screen output? Are you going to say "a beginner should learn a language and you propose that he should learn screen output methods"?

fxsaber:

Is iBarShift in demand? Where is it in SB?

What's wrong with Bars()

Returns the number of bars in the history for the corresponding symbol periodon a given interval.

int  Bars( 
   string           symbol_name,     // имя символа 
   ENUM_TIMEFRAMES  timeframe,       // период 
   datetime         start_time,      // с какой даты 
   datetime         stop_time        // по какую дату 
   );

How is it different from

The function returns the index of the bar in which the specified time falls.

int  iBarShift(
   string           symbol,          // символ
   int              timeframe,       // период
   datetime         time,            // время
   bool             exact=false      // режим
   );

From the current time, to the specified time, exactly how many bars the index will find iBarShift ()

George Merts:

You should have read it more carefully. I learnt programming at school. I started with a calculator - it's Assembler-like code... And I learnt the WM80 assembler on my own, not at the institute, from Radio, Modelist-Konstruktor, UT and other magazines.

Just I remember well how I was a beginner. And that's why I told you more than once: for beginners, there are a lot of reference books and examples. Take any of them, study them, and if you don't understand something, ask.

By the way, I do not really understand why programmers with experience - do not hesitate to ask "stupid" questions such as "How does the CObject class from the Standard Library work" and newbies - "are embarrassed"...

Because today's beginners need lego - USE is paying off - they are accustomed to stacking cubes...

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

Artyom -- the point is that learning any programming language -- without understanding it -- is impossible.

It's not enough to write to understand the processes:

You have to write:

-- taken hastily from an SB class (maybe not well) -- but my point is clear.

That is, a beginner must understand what he writes and how it works.

A beginner needs to learn the language -- and you're asking him to learn SB.

He should understand that there is OrderSend() and not the CTrade class, that works out something inside itself, "all you need and you don't even need to understand more".

Andrey, I absolutely agree with you. But I was answering to those who do not need programming and knowledge, but a lego builder made of bricks.

George Merts:

How do you propose to learn a language without knowing anything about the file system, about mouse or keyboard input, about screen output? Are you going to say "a beginner should learn a language and you propose that he should learn screen output methods"?

The first thing a beginner writes is a trading script. The second - a simple indicator. The third one - a simple Expert Advisor.

Even the first step in MQL4 is much faster than in MQL5.

fxsaber:

The developers will roll out their solution on this topic as well. The timing is not clear. It's like an inside job.

That's fine. But I will have more than just a wrap for those who are lazy ;)

Anyway, I don't want to guess - we'll see what happens later.

Artyom Trishkin:

Because some of today's newcomers need lego - the USE is paying off - they are taught to stack cubes...

And some have completed eight years of Soviet school. and everyone's life has turned out differently in general. But what does this have to do with it?

and in general, the USE generation = this is the future and the present of our country, and all the more reason to focus on them.