MT5 is for programmers, not traders - page 14

ILNUR777:
For whose simplicity, yours. I'm curious, how do you determine that? That the sb is so simple and understandable to a beginner that you don't need anything simpler than the help and the articles to it.

Because all you ask here for beginners - easy entry without understanding what is going on inside and how it is made - is already written and comes as a standard MT supply - is the SB. It doesn't need to be studied by a beginner. If he wants simplicity without understanding, all he has to do is read the help on it and use the methods provided - all as in MT4... Everything is already done for the beginner - take it and use it.

Sergey Vradiy:

There's a reason for that too. If the algorithm is very intricate, it can be hundreds of lines of code. It can be assembled in 5-10 minutes. After that, we run code generation and get a ready-made expert. And after that it needs further modification.

Forex EA Generator 5 or 6. Quite a good machine.

Well, maybe it is better for someone, but for me it is better to have a class library, where this kind of ornamentation is already implemented, and to build the code by myself. But it depends on taste and colour...

By the way, I have noticed that attacks on the "simplicity" and the need to master mql5 have increased.

This suggests that people are switching to MT5 more and more quickly.

And in Freelance the number of orders for mql5 has sharply increased as a % of orders for mql4.

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

Artyom - that's a good point:

You have to consider that MT is an application terminal that solves application tasks -- and the proportion of users who have little to no programming skills -- I don't think is great.

Take Excel for example - it has cells and a simple table could be programmed without any programming skills - for more advanced and more complex tasks there is VBA.

I have several customers who made small changes in mql4 without any problem - I finish writing the complicated logic for them, and then they "twist" it - but mql5 is not so clear to them - it's more complicated for them and that's what we are talking about.

Yes, there is freelancing - but there is not enough money for minor changes - and time is the key factor - it's one thing to change a "plus" to a "minus" - and another thing to formulate the TOR and wait until they do it.

Andrew, SB is designed in such a way, that you don't need to know OOP and write on it. It's enough to plug the required class with one line and use it in your procedural style, just as a library of functions, which have already done everything for you - just call the required one, as some people are doing here - they use ready-made functions without worrying about their contents.

I'm not writing this in the light of language learning, but in the light of stated claim - that a beginner can not go and check your strategy. Yes, you can, you just have to read the manual and use classes as a library, without going into details. Everything is as the claimants ask for.

fxsaber:
Am I right to think that if MQL5 could be coded in the same way as MQL4, the issues of high complexity of MQL5 would not arise?

If only that were the case, and to further develop it. Take into account the many aspects of trading and make additional functions, simplify working with indicators, etc.

That would be perfect.

Vitaly Stepanov:

This is what the topic is all about. MT5 is for people with a professional background, with a professional education - for programmers.

You pay, we write.

I do not have a professional background. I am an electronic control engineer.

Vitaly Stepanov:

If only that were the case, and to further develop it. Take into account the many aspects of trading and make additional functions, simplify working with indicators, etc.

It would be great.

I am writing something similar. It will soon be available for everyone. But gradually. Step by step.

Artyom Trishkin:

Andrew, SB is designed so that you don't need to know OOP and write in it. It's enough to connect required class with one line and use it in your procedural style, just as a library of functions, which have already done everything for you - just call the required one, as some people are doing here - they use ready-made functions without thinking about their contents.

I'm not writing this in light of learning the language, but in light of the stated claim - that a beginner can't take and check his strategy. You can - you just need to read the help on SB and use the classes as a library, without going into details. Everything is as the claimants ask for.

Is iBarShift in demand? Where is it in SB?

How do you use it to write indicators and TS?

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

MT5 is a terminal for programmers, not for traders

fxsaber, 2018.01.09 17:55

Am I right to believe that if MQL5 could be coded in the same way as in MQL4, the questions of high complexity of MQL5 would not arise?

MQL4-simplicity has proven to be competent, where is that in SB? Nothing technically prevents it from being implemented in SB.

ILNUR777:
What a mess. And these people are talking about simplicity. You just can't even put yourself in a beginner's shoes with your experience.

He is a university-educated progessor himself, and he talks about simplicity for beginners. No one takes into account the fact that a beginner comes here not to sell codes initially, but to check the TS, which are many and simple at first.

You should have read it more attentively. I learned programming at school. I started with calculator - it's assembly code... And I studied the BM80 assembler on my own, not at the institute, but with the help of Radio, Modelist-Konstructor, UT and other magazines.

Just I remember well how I was a beginner. And that's why I told you more than once: for beginners, there are a lot of reference books and examples. Take any of them, study them, and if you don't understand something, ask.

By the way, I don't really understand why programmers with experience don't hesitate to ask "dumb" questions like "How does the CObject class from the Standard Library work" and newbies are "ashamed"...

Artyom Trishkin:

Andrew, SB is designed so that you don't need to know OOP and write in it. It's enough to plug the required class with one line and use it in your procedural style, just as a library of functions, which have already done everything for you - just call the right one - as some gentlemen do here - they use ready-made functions without thinking about their contents.

This is what I'm writing not in the light of language learning, but in the light of stated claim - that a beginner cannot go and check his strategy. You can - just read the manual for SB and use the classes as a library, without going into details. Everything is as the claimants ask for.

Artyom - the point is that it's impossible to learn any programming language without understanding the essence.

To understand processes is not enough to write:

.PositionOpen(...)

You have to write:

m_request.action      =TRADE_ACTION_DEAL;
   m_request.symbol      =symbol;
   m_request.magic       =m_magic;
   m_request.volume      =volume;
   m_request.type        =order_type;
   m_request.price       =price;
   m_request.sl          =sl;
   m_request.tp          =tp;
   m_request.deviation   =m_deviation;
//--- 
   OrderSend(m_request,m_result);

-- taken hastily from an SB class (maybe not well) -- but my point is clear.

That is, a beginner must understand what he writes and how it works.

The newbie must learn the language -- and you're asking him to learn the system.

He should understand that there is OrderSend() and not the CTrade class, that can do "whatever you need and don't even need to understand".