Has anyone created a successful automated trading system? What is your advice? - page 15

Regarding the "simplicity of code" in 4 and the differences. You seem to be self-taught programmers for whom MQL is their first programming language (or you are an ardent Cheshnik) and don't quite understand the essence and pros of OOP. MT4 is a nuclear mix of crummy OOP and functional programming. 5 ka is much closer to full-fledged OOP. Procedural code or code is the worst you can come up with, especially for financial instruments. If your code approaches 10,000 lines - then further development and debugging it becomes a living hell with a billion function telescopes, duplicate code and no way to reuse it. That said, by OOP we don't just mean using the word class, but understanding and using OOP patterns. If you use and think that mql4 is even somewhat convenient - most likely, you will need to re-learn programming, because you will not get anything complicated or sensible. IMHO, you should not start with the study of MQL, but with the most complete study of C++ and the principles of OOP. Then the development will be much easier, more fun and your software will be tens of times more bug-proof than a porridge from functional code with admixtures of OOP.

Great! [Laughs] What about the profits from the OOP. Will it go right away after learning?

Вадим Калашнков #:
Regarding the "simplicity of code" in 4 and the differences. You seem to be self-taught programmers for whom MQL is their first programming language (or you are an ardent Cheshnik) and don't quite understand the essence and pros of OOP. MT4 is a nuclear mix of crummy OOP and functional programming. 5 ka is much closer to full-fledged OOP. Procedural code or code is the worst you can come up with, especially for financial instruments. If your code approaches 10,000 lines - then further development and debugging it becomes a living hell with a billion function telescopes, duplicate code and no way to reuse it. That said, by OOP we don't just mean using the word class, but understanding and using OOP patterns. If you use and think that mql4 is even somewhat convenient - most likely, you will need to re-learn programming, because you will not get anything complicated or sensible. IMHO, you must not start with the study of MQL, but with the most complete study of C++ and the principles of OOP. Then the development will be much easier, more fun and your software will be tens of times more bug-proof than a porridge from functional code with admixtures of OOP.
What is the difference in OOP in 5 and 4? Please enlighten me. The difference in customization of the exchange environment is obvious. Well the bars are numbered from the end. I don't see any other obvious differences in the language.

Aleksei Stepanenko #:
Great! How about profit with OOP. Will it go right away after you learn it?

OOP is not about profits, but about the efficiency of code maintenance and support.

Now answer your own question - if you learn how to support and maintain your code more efficiently - how will that affect your profit? Obviously, if you make a profit by "shovel making" writing EAs - you will be able to write more products.

If your profit is trading - then OOP has nothing to do with it.

Georgiy Merts #:

OOP is not about profits, but about the efficiency of code maintenance and support.

Now answer your own question - if you learn how to support and maintain your code more efficiently - how will that affect your profit? Obviously, if you make a profit by "shovel making" writing EAs - you will be able to write more products.

If your profit is trading - then OOP has nothing to do with it.

Zhora, what's in it for your profit? No PLO, no League, what is it?

Vladimir Baskakov #:
Zhora, what do you have for profit? No PLO, no League, what is it?

I've complained about it a dozen times... My selection methodology is almost entirely intuitive. And intuition is... It's cloudy and unpredictable...

Georgiy Merts #:

I've complained about it a dozen times... My selection methodology is almost entirely intuitive. And intuition is... It's cloudy and unpredictable...

So why are you making such a big deal about your league? Play on your own, if something sensible comes up, then publish it.

Vladimir Baskakov #:
So why are you making such a big deal out of your league? Play on your own, if something useful comes up, then publish it.

Why? If something comes up, I won't be able to tell anyone what it is or what the principles are... But here it is, free and open to all...

Georgiy Merts #:

Why? If something comes up, I won't be able to tell anyone what it is or what the principles are... But here it is, free and open to all...

And no one needs it.

Vladimir Baskakov #:
And no one needs to.

Well, you don't have to - I don't insist....