From theory to practice - page 1030

Aleksey Nikolayev:

From a technical point of view, the random walk hypothesis is very useful. It is quite consistent with the efficiency hypothesis and allows one to evaluate trading ideas via a matstat.

If you follow the links first through the Adaptive market hypothesis you will reach here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agent-based_computational_economics

what I am trying to do, in simplified form :)

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

If you follow the links, first through the Adaptive market hypothesis, you will come to this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agent-based_computational_economics

What I'm trying to do, in simplified form :)

This is apparently the cutting edge of economic science right now. As I understand it, mainly due to a lack of other approaches.

Aleksey Nikolayev:

This is now apparently the cutting edge of economic science. As I understand it, mainly because of the lack of other approaches.

it is difficult to find an approach when it is generally accepted that there is no approach as such, in principle :)

well, it's interesting, it's non-trivial.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

it is difficult to find an approach when it is generally accepted that it does not exist as such, in principle :)

But it's interesting, non-trivial.

It is clear that any theory useful for speculation, will in time be played back by the market and become useless. But what if mathematicians come up with a theory that makes speculators completely unnecessary?

Aleksey Nikolayev:

It is clear that any theory useful for speculation will eventually be overtaken by the market and become useless. But what if mathematicians come up with some theory that makes speculators completely unnecessary) They are now attracted to economics in every possible way - giving, for example, Nobel degrees in this science.

They are paid, i.e. they work on commissioned topics, giving a kind of scientific credibility (objectivity) to the shitty inflationary scheme of economics, which is trivial and consists of exploitation of the majority by the bankers, where the bankers pay for the work of such mathematicians.

Aleksey Ivanov:
They are hired for the money, i.e. they work on commissioned topics, giving a sort of scientific solidity (objectivity) to the shitty inflationary scheme of economics, the essence of which is trivial and consists of exploitation by the bankers of the majority, where the bankers pay for the work of such mathematicians.
+++

Aleksey Ivanov:
They are hired for the money, i.e. they work on commissioned topics, giving a sort of scientific credibility (objectivity) to the shitty inflationary scheme of the economy, which is trivial and consists of exploitation of the majority by the bankers, where the bankers pay for the work of such mathematicians.

The Japanese are not happy about deflation for some reason, but that too is probably due to the machinations of the omnipotent bankers.

Guys, don't drink too much on Saturday) it feels like too much)

Sasha, I emailed you an EA for your system. Well, I didn't use anything other than sums of increments and intervals for them.

Of course I would not put it on the real, but you can try it on the contest.

If there is nothing to do, you can monitor it on a demo account.

Evgeniy Chumakov:

Sasha, I emailed you an EA for your system. Well, I didn't use anything other than sums of increments and intervals for them.

Of course I wouldn't bet on a real one, but I could try it in that contest.

If there's nothing else you can do, you can monitor it on a demo account.

Thanks, Zhenya - but, I'm not involved... I have to replace Vista with Win7 - nothing works. All I can do now is lecture people and stare at the monitor. I guess that's it. Finita la comedy.