From theory to practice - page 767

Novaja:

Vladimir wrote about this: no more than two spreads difference, otherwise punishable by arbitrage.

PS. If the tick window is a day, what's the difference?

Now there are no timeframes in the classical sense.

Now it's simple - sample volume. For example = 4444 ticks. One has it for an hour, someone has it for two.

It works for me, and it will not work for another trader.

Renat Akhtyamov:

Yeah, well...

You've seen enough, there's a whole branch raving about it.

Not this one, obviously.

Demo and tester trading is great, real trading is a bunch of losers.

What branch?

Novaja:
Let me offer you some thoughts: A system based solely on analysis of past data is impossible to predict, even a minimum of looking into the future brings you unlimited profit perspectives. The paradox is that it is impossible in one case, and achievable in the other, and the opposite is also true.

From 10 October until yesterday the EURUSD market was completely clear, with only 3 false signals, in my opinion. It was enough just to look at the screen to determine the direction of further movement. I even got bored...

I didn't make any super profits on it, although I saw and understood everything and didn't miss anything. Just made a profit.

At least there was some intrigue yesterday. The market has become ambiguous.

And what unlimited prospects do you count on, if you know where the price will be in an hour? And after that - you will know where it will be in 3 minutes, and then - where it will be in a week.

Alexander_K2:

In fact - it's too early for me to be happy, although the TS has shown incomparably better results on ticks.

And what to do with the fact that each broker has its own unique tick flow! I.e. both volumes and time intervals - everything is absolutely different?

I did not just "sit" on an exponential time scale - it was universal for all.

Now, if I give my TS to someone - it won't operate due to differences in tick flows. Right?

It's good that you realised that (told you that a year ago). Only not at the broker, but at the brokerage house. But on the exchange, everyone's tick flow is the same.

In the old days (hmmm... and it's only been a year - like an eternity...), I would literally break the floor with my feet, dancing the Kamarinsky from such unrestrained profits that I have now on my test demo-signal...

And now - the melancholy and anxious expectation: what will happen tomorrow? And in a month? Ugh...

Well, we'll just keep watching.

Alexander_K2:

In the old days (hmmm... and it's only been a year - like an eternity...), I would literally break the floor with my feet, dancing the Kamarinsky from such unrestrained profits that I have now on my test demo-signal...

And now - the melancholy and anxious expectation: what will happen tomorrow? And in a month? Ugh...

All right, we'll keep watching.

Alexander, that's great.
How do you use tics?
Why do I ask - ticks and tick volume are really different in all brokerage companies, but dynamics is the same.

Novaja:
even the slightest glimpse into the future brings with it unlimited prospects for profit

it is unlikely that they are so unlimited))

Alexander_K2:

Before the New Year, I started my TS, with the current incremental distribution kurtosis as the coveted key.

I believe in it.

By his faith shall the pit be rewarded forever and ever... or something like that ))))

But belief in the excess is already a bit like blasphemy, the Heavenly Office may not approve)))

Alexander_K2:

Well, we'll keep watching.

Have you ruined the programme or what?

I think the demo's gone a little bit wrong, too...

Alexander_K2:

Well, we'll keep watching.

And at the entrance to science, as at the entrance to hell, there must be a demand:

"Here the soul must be steadfast;

Here fear must not advise."

(Dante, The Divine Comedy)