From theory to practice - page 650

hartmann:

Well, sanction, in the usual sense, is the ratio of sellers to buyers.

Ooh. Turns out there are buyers and sellers.

The best minds on the forum "numismatists conventionally" have argued that there is no supply and demand, in the sense that you flip a coin and you get a kukush anyway.

Uladzimir Izerski:

Ooh. Turns out there are buyers and sellers.

The best minds on the forum "numismatists conventionally" have argued that there is no supply and demand, I mean flip a coin and you get a gobble anyway.

From bad theory to good practice

;)

Renat Akhtyamov:

From bad theory to good practice

;)

The closer you get to being scientific, the further you get from being profitable.

You can't get far from the laws of nature.

Uladzimir Izerski:

The closer one gets to science, the further one gets from profitability.

Many here cast their fishing rods in a fishy place

but when you get burned, you swim ashore,

on the way in and on the way out with some foul language.

the truth was out there, but apparently it wasn't meant to be...

the moral of the thread is that the problem is solvable, but not like this, there are fewer strategy options, but different

the tired lost, may he who walks the road

Uladzimir Izerski:

The closer one gets to science, the further one gets from profitability.

It all depends on how you want to trade, whether it is stable or just for fun. It depends on what you rely on and what you get. What was shown on the eurusd chart would show a continuous upward trend without any pullbacks, which we do not actually see in reality.

Martin Cheguevara:
It all depends on how you want to trade, whether it's stable or just for fun. It depends on what you rely on and what you get. What was shown on the eurusd chart would show a continuous upward trend without any pullbacks, which in fact we do not observe in reality.

ha, it could have continued downwards actually

Why didn't it continue, that's the question.

where is that gloating pivot point?

Renat Akhtyamov:

ha, it could have continued downwards actually

Why didn't it continue, that's the question

where is that gloating pivot point?

First of all, you need to understand the basic thing. Yes, there is a certain asymmetry of forces pushing the price up or down in the market. The problem is that these forces are equal without a 2-3% advantage. Because of this, no one can get to these pivot points. As anybody incorrectly cannot offer algorithms defining TIME displacement of these forces in one or other party. And the problem lies in the calculation period. Since if you yourself determine the period that you analyze, you will certainly face a subjective method of analysis, based on which you can not say whether your analysis is correct or not. But this is all in simple terms. Here was discussed the same as stated above, but in terms of science or "scientificity" to whomever is convenient).
From a statistical point of view there is such a thing as confidence intervals and so on...but even that will not give anything accurate. You need an adaptive analysis that depends on market behaviour and does not have a calculation period accordingly. That's the whole problem here.
Fluctuations of forces constitute the main time that take the lion's share of these 2-3%. And if there is any movement, as a rule, they occur so rapidly that pivot points are out of the question.
It may be, yes, that there is a trend but it's very rare. As a rule, it is either very noisy and does not allow to make money. Or there are pullbacks that close profits even if they got in on time.
If you take a huge period you will not get anything. The equilibrium is almost perfect because the price is practically random and therefore the mathematical expectation of the two forces tends to zero inevitably. This is very easy to calculate and check if necessary.
1 variant of solving price corridors based on countering their own highs and lows. It means getting rid of the influence of sudden changes in price.
2. The solution variant is finding the asymmetry of two forces. The problem here is in the calculation period that should also be adaptive to avoid being too sensitive or vice versa. So far there is no solution to this problem.

Martin Cheguevara:
First of all you need to understand the basic thing. Yes, there is a certain asymmetry of forces pushing the price up or down in the market. The problem is that these forces are equal if we don't consider a 2-3% advantage as inequality. Because of this, no one can get to these pivot points. Since no one can not offer a good algorithm for determining the offset of these forces in one or the other side. And the problem is the calculation period. Because if you yourself determine the period that you analyze, you will certainly face a subjective method of analysis on the basis of which you cannot say whether your analysis is correct or not. But this is all in simple terms. Here was discussed the same as above, but with the accuracy of science or "scientificity" to whomever is convenient)

I explained the calculation period above - it does not exist, as a quotire is a non-periodic series

in this case a quote has the potential to have practically negligible increments, with sufficiently wide possibilities to control the price

is proved by Fourier transforms.

I would argue about a 2-3% overweight, but I won't.

Just to give you an example - black swan on the pound in '16, about 90% stood to buy....

And the funny thing is that it was a no-break for all markets, huge livantos

Can a counter-trend strategy withstand such a move? The answer is hopefully obvious.

And what's above is a reversal strategy

The author is off topic, he's right.

hartmann:

Well, the market is usually defined as the ratio of buyers to sellers.

Well, there's no such data in forex. We have to emulate them somehow from the price and volume.

And even if we had them, we would need to know in what section they are looked at. In total, how much was bought and sold in the market.

That picture you gave is data of one brokerage company, it does not make a difference.

Renat Akhtyamov:

I explained the calculation period above - it does not exist, as a quotire is a non-periodic series

in which a quote is allowed to have practically negligible increments, with sufficiently wide possibilities for price management

is proved by Fourier transforms.

I would argue about a 2-3% overweight, but I won't.

Just to give you an example - black swan on the pound in '16, about 90% stood to buy....

And the funny thing is that it was a no-break for all markets, huge livantos

Can a counter-trend strategy withstand such a move? The answer is hopefully obvious.

And what's above is a reversal strategy

The author is off topic, he's right.

I have described the options. There is no perfect solution yet. But the first variant crookedly works. And this, for example, is enough for me and I don't need more. Who needs what.