Once again, arbitrage, pair trading. - page 10

But a bunch of instruments...it still can't smooth out periodic spikes in the same pound...i.e. no direct correlation and no capital flow to other currencies

Anatolii Zainchkovskii:

even better ) only I'll probably upset you early on and it won't do anything )

hahaha well then you should go to bed )

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

But a bunch of instruments... it still can't smooth out periodic spikes in the same pound... i.e. no direct correlation and no capital flow to other currencies

Maxim, I wrote above.

And if we normalize the majors to the dollar index as a coefficient?

Almost everyone has such an index now.

Then there will be no signal at all at the moments of emissions caused by the national currencies, not the dollar?

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

But a bunch of instruments... it still can't smooth out the periodic spikes in the same pound... i.e. there is no direct correlation and no capital flow to other currencies

neither direct nor indirect. the main conclusion is drawn )

Vitaly Muzichenko:

And please look now audchf / nzdjpy

They have different digits, spreads need to be normalised, otherwise it will show too much variation.

if anyone sells the audusd won't lose out ) just don't get greedy....

Renat Akhtyamov:

Maxim, I wrote above.

What if we normalize the major currencies by the dollar index as a coefficient?

Almost everyone has an index like that now.

Then there would be no signal at all at the moment of emissions caused by the national currencies and not the quid?

I don't know, I'll have to try it later... but it's not all about currencies, I should look at indexes/shares, cryptos... maybe something interesting will turn up

I'd have to do an autodiscovery.

Anatolii Zainchkovskii:

if anyone sells the audusd won't miss out ) just don't get greedy....

It's clear without the pair, especially if it's tomorrow night.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

What kind of sales, I'd rather do it for myself first ) The problem may be that he is constantly recalculating ratios, you have to take it into account.

Not only will it change weights quite a bit, but the "good spread" will be on random data and in addition depend on which of the characters is fitted to which multiple regression.

fxsaber:

Not only will it change weights quite a bit, but the "good spread" will be on random data and also depend on which of the characters the multiple regression is fitted to.

that's the way it is.