Help for developers. - page 17

Zvezdochet:

Question FIRST, can there be a close on a trailing stop?

Question SECOND: If my strategy has a stop loss or take profit, can I politely ask for s/l t/p in the results?

I found an interesting phenomenon : I am testing different EAs . BUT ! Currency pair , all parameters and so on --- everything is the same !

BUT !!!! TIME of running is different ! Einstein was right ! Time is relative !

I tell you ! When testing one EA, the tester will run an hour of terminal time for three seconds!

When testing the second EA, in three seconds the tester runs through one HOUR of terminal time!

Question : "How is it possible ? "

It can. If trailing stop is virtual for example.

Zvezdochet:

Stator is English for stop.

Good for you. Perhaps soon you will learn to write meaningful sentences.

Zvezdochet:

Question FIRST, can there be a close on a trailing stop?

Question SECOND .If my strategy involves closing either stop or take, can I politely ask for s/l t/p in the results ?

First let's define the concepts.

As we said before, "Close" means in English. "Closure".

Closing a position may be for a variety of reasons.

Let's consider three orders, which are associated with the opening of a position. (They are placed together with the position opening).

The main thing - all orders accompanying the position opening are placed to limit profit or loss of a trader.

They "secure" the account against excessive losses ("stop loss" orders) and "take away" the current profit, closing the position in profit ("Take profit" orders).

These orders limit the time of opening the transaction and protect against unexpected spikes in price that can bring the deposit to zero.

These orders are put out for a trader to be able to trade long and productively without losing his money all at once.

The main reasons for closing a position:

• Price has reached the level of the "Take Profit" order. This order takes away the maximum profit that was expected by a trader opening a deal.
  • Price has reached the level of the order "Stop loss". This order forcibly closes the position when the price reaches a certain level. Its difference from the order "TakeProfit" is that it closes the position in loss. However, this closing (probably) saves the trader from more losses.
  • The price has reached the "Trailing stop" level. This order differs from the previous two in that it is "trailing". It only follows the price in one direction and respects the predefined distance to the price. It can trigger mechanically if the price touches it. The position can be winning or losing. It depends on the moment when the price touches the Trailing Stop order.
  • The trader (or the program) manually closes the position at the current market price.

The peculiarity of all associated orders is that they close the trader's position at the moment the price touches them, and they protect against losses or losses of the already achieved profits of the position.

Совершение сделок - Торговые операции - Справка по MetaTrader 5
Совершение сделок - Торговые операции - Справка по MetaTrader 5
  • www.metatrader5.com
Торговая деятельность в платформе связана с формированием и отсылкой рыночных и отложенных ордеров для исполнения брокером, а также с управлением текущими позициями путем их модификации или закрытия. Платформа позволяет удобно просматривать торговую историю на счете, настраивать оповещения о событиях на рынке и многое другое. Открытие позиций...

Реter Konow:The peculiarity of all related orders is that they close the trader's position the moment the price touches them and hedge against growing losses or loss of profit of the position already achieved.

You are an idealist, my dear fellow! Pay attention - when the price goes to SL - it turns red (is it ashamed of itself?). When it goes to TP - it turns green. And have you seen the yellow one? That is when it has crossed TP and the order remains open. This is designed by the developers. I have seen it on a real account. Once it was yellow for more than an hour. I made a screenshot somewhere here. I wanted to close it with my hands.

LRA:

You, my dear fellow, are an idealist! Have you noticed - when the price goes to SL - it turns red (is it ashamed?). When it goes to TP - it turns green. And have you seen the yellow one? That is when it has crossed TP and the order remains open. This is designed by the developers. I have seen it on a real account. Once it was yellow for more than an hour. I made a screenshot somewhere here. I wanted to close it with my hands.

Speak your mind.

There is no need to spout yellowish red nonsense here.

Реter Konow:

Speak your mind.

There is no need to spout yellowish red nonsense here.

What kind of bullshit is that? The price crossed the TP and the order was in that state for over an hour. At a large, well-known, respected broker. I'll look for a screenshot...

LRA:

What kind of nonsense is this? The price crossed the TP and the order was in that state for more than an hour. At a large, well-known, respected broker. I'll look for a screenshot...

You can contact your broker. He should solve the problem.

Hello, respected expert. Here is such a question. I intercepted an Expert Advisor from the Internet and cleaned it from rubbish for a long time. I got something and checked it in the tester

Alpari-ECN-Demo (Build 1090)

SymbolEURUSD (Euro vs US Dollar)
Period15 Minutes (M15) 2016.11.28 00:00 - 2017.11.27 23:45 (2016.11.28 - 2017.11.28)
ModelAll ticks (most accurate method based on all smallest available timeframes)
Bars in history25990Modelled ticks30053498Modeling qualityn/a
Chart mismatch errors1541
Initial deposit10000.00Spread10
Net profit87745.73Total profit191554.15Total loss-103808.42
Profitability1.85Expected payoff216.12
Absolute drawdown5276.70Maximum drawdown29825.03 (30.42%)Relative drawdown81.41% (22082.38)
Total trades406Short positions (% win)238 (31.93%)Long positions (% win)168 (47.62%)
Profitable trades (% of all)156 (38.42%)Loss trades (% of all)250 (61.58%)
Largestprofitable trade13095.68losing deal-1566.10
Averageprofitable deal1227.91losing trade-415.23
Maximum numbercontinuous wins (profit)8 (75106.81)continuous losses (loss)9 (-4051.84)
Max.continuous profits (number of wins)75106.81 (8)continuous loss (number of losses)-4051.84 (9)
Averagecontinuous winnings2continuous loss4

I found this graph strange. Comment on it. Should I work with it further - or throw it away

Дед Мазай:

Hello, respected expert. Here is such a question. I intercepted an Expert Advisor from the Internet and cleaned it from rubbish for a long time. I got something and checked it in the tester.

I found this chart to be strange. Please comment on it. Should I continue working with it or throw it away?

I cannot give any comments or advice on what to do with the EA. I can only help solve technical problems.

I tested some EA .... with 1 000 $ depo and 0.1 lot and over 3 500 $ depo in few months .... I REDUCED the lot to 0.01 and the EA has REDUCED the depo by half in a few months

Question : how could it be ?

For those who think I mixed up the lots I can send you screenshots