How to organise a minimum ping? Trade server in London - page 6

Ivan Butko:

From a smartphone to the UPU is so masochistic.

Um... yeah. I've never seen anything like this before.....

Ivan Butko:

I have the same data centre, also Amazon, but the pings are higher. Although, for MT* these milliseconds are a dead man's work, the hundreds of ms slowdowns are still on the servers' side.

Aidas Geguzis:

Um... yeah. Haven't seen that yet.....

Why, if there has been an RDC for all platforms for a long time. I remember there was even one for the now defunct Symbian.

Aidas Geguzis:

So 0.89 milliseconds is 890 microseconds.

That's not realistic at all.

Check out the browser on the VPS service on our website.

There are hundreds of servers with pings at milliseconds and below. That's why we created our service.

What's the point of a 1ms ping? What's the point?

Actually, more than once it's been said here - the main delay is on the server side.

Plus, who can show me TC that would be terribly profitable at 1ms ping and terribly unprofitable at 10ms ping?

George Merts:

What's the point of a 1ms ping? What's the point?

Actually, more than once it's been said here - the main delay is on the server side.

Plus - who would show me TS, which at 1ms ping - would be terribly profitable, and at 10ms ping - terribly unprofitable?

Impulse scalping on the distance

Please add

ENUM_TERMINAL_INFO_STRING

Identifier

Description

Property type

TERMINAL_SERVER_POINT

Trade server connection point name

string

So that in this situation

It works like this

Print(TerminalInfoString(TERMINAL_SERVER_POINT)); // MainAccessServer
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Состояние клиентского терминала
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Состояние клиентского терминала
  • www.mql5.com
Идентификаторы для получения информации о клиентском терминале функциями TerminalInfoInteger() и TerminalInfoString(). В качестве параметра эти функции принимают значения из перечислений ENUM_TERMINAL_INFO_INTEGER и ENUM_TERMINAL_INFO_STRING соответственно. Знание этого параметра позволяет задавать размеры графических объектов таким...

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and trading strategy testing

How to minimize ping? Trading server in London

fxsaber, 2017.11.14 14:20

On the subject of ping and comparing platforms

And I'm not at all sure that MT5 didn't hang for a second in the same place in real time, as there is no data. And in the tick history, of course, everything is perfect.

I should write a test EA for MT5 to see if it freezes in real time. It's not obvious yet how to do it properly.

Not fun - https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/19422

Ping
Ping
  • fxsaber
  • www.mql5.com
Для торговли важным параметром является актуальность текущей цены. На него влияет множество факторов, самый популярный из которых - сетевой пинг между терминалом и торговым сервером. Но часто из виду упускается другой параметр: так называемый "внутренний пинг терминала" - дополнительный лаг котировок внутри самого терминала (платформы). Даже...

When rescanning, the best point is not selected

Look at the green quality icons, not just the pings.

Selection is based on the point's integral quality score, not the pings. Plus the broker manages the priority of points, which often makes automatic selection worse.

Selection only by ping is fraught with big problems in the end. This has been seen many times in practice.